• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you ever heard and Asian try and Pronounce "Federal Express"?
Japan: fedellarr expallessu
Philippines: Pederallllllllllllllllll exparesh
Korea, China, Taiwan, Thailand: ferr espeh

I think they changed the corporate name when international expansion required a more business lingua-franca-friendly name. Call me crazy.

Hugh, I'm coughing up coffee reading your asian-phonics version of Federal Express. Well done.

I was told that you really should know who you are applying to work for so make sure your resume says FedEx Express.

If that is where you want to work.

Last edited:
I was told that you really should know who you are applying to work for so make sure your resume says FedEx Express.

If that is where you want to work

I put "Federal Express" on my resume and it worked just fine. Don't think that is going to make or break anyone.

Here I am, taking part in hijacking a perfectly good thread.

I put FedEx on my resume and I'm in the pool. Be accurate, professional and neat and I guess they don't kick you to the curb for not putting "Express" on there. They do pour over the numbers and where you've been (in my case with a highlighter). Expect them to know about or have even been in some of the jobs you've done (mine did and had).

At some airlines, i.e. AA and UAL, it seemed as if the company was more interested in how the app and resume are filled out (like at AA you had to complete the App in a #2 lead pencil, etc.) at FedEx they are more interested in the content of the app. They do read the resumes very closely, but only for content that describes the kind of experience (aviation and personal) that the candidate has. This opinion based upon meet n' greet experience.

JerkyHerky said:
...at FedEx they are more interested in the content of the app. They do read the resumes very closely, but only for content that describes the kind of experience (aviation and personal) that the candidate has. This opinion based upon meet n' greet experience.

I agree, but I think if you went into an interview, and kept calling the company "Federal Express" vice "FedEx," the interviewers would wonder how much you had looked into the company.

In my opinion, I think the interviewers are looking at your communication skills, verification of your experience, and ability to play nice with others on a 10 day trip. If you can quote the history of FedEx from the time Fred Smith wrote his term paper to the beginning in Little Rock and beyond, that's great but not what I think they are looking for. I have been wrong before but that's my guess....

Latest resources

Back