FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ace McCoy said:
Won't get a call back...like he is no longer hired? Out of the pool for good?

Ouch.

Ace - Yep. As in "thanks for playing. Good luck at truck driving school". Granted this is all second and third hand info, but apparently they (JL/KD) were pretty adamant about it. He is done. Who knows? Maybe his sponsor has some weight and can get him a pass. Not that he deserves one. I told my wife about this and she gave me the classic YGBSM face. She knows how hard I/we have worked to get here and would NEVER jam me up like that. It's all part of the career/lifestyle. Plus my guess is he could have bid out of there in a couple of years max pretty easily. Can you imagine the guilt his wife feels and the loathing he has developed for her as she torpedoed his dream job?

VaB - What the heck is SLOJ??

wow, you people responding to me are even more pathetic than I thought. Fedex Express is the "express" delivery name for one of their options. The COMPANY NAME is called fedex, or federal express. If somebody in HR calls you and says they work for fedex express, they obviously have no idea what their company name is and probably just got out of college.

I saw a group of guys in the AOC yesterday with "Purple Nugget" shirts. They looked like they were having a little fun with that ridiculous term - good for them. One guy was "Purple Nugget Caboose." Must have been the early May new hire class.

big_al said:
wow, you people responding to me are even more pathetic than I thought. Fedex Express is the "express" delivery name for one of their options. The COMPANY NAME is called fedex, or federal express. If somebody in HR calls you and says they work for fedex express, they obviously have no idea what their company name is and probably just got out of college.

Wrong again Skippy. FedEx is the CORPORATION. FedEx Express is ONE of the INDEPENDENT COMPANIES under the FedEx corporate umbrella.

This is straight from the fedex.com web site (italics added):
"FedEx Corporation provides strategic leadership and consolidated financial reporting for the independent companies that make up today's FedEx: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Kinko's Office and Print Services, FedEx Custom Critical, FedEx Trade Networks, FedEx Supply Chain Services and FedEx Services."

Ace McCoy said:
Won't get a call back...like he is no longer hired? Out of the pool for good?

Ouch.

Another example of the fact that you are not "hired" until you are sitting in a classroom with an ID badge and an employee number.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back