FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GrapeApe said:
In my opinion, I think the interviewers are looking at your communication skills, verification of your experience, and ability to play nice with others on a 10 day trip. If you can quote the history of FedEx from the time Fred Smith wrote his term paper to the beginning in Little Rock and beyond, that's great but not what I think they are looking for. I have been wrong before but that's my guess....

I agree. They didn't ask me one piece of FedEx history, and I wouldn't expect them to in the future, because that's not what their interview is about. But in preparation for any interview, I assume that people are going to do some bit of company research to have a broad base of knowledge about the company they are trying to get a job with. For a airline job I think that some of the basic information that one should know would be things like: fleet type, pilot bases, hubs, and perhaps the correct name of the company. If someone can't glean that the company hadn't used the name "Federal Express" since 2000, it would make me wonder how much time he/she had put into trying to find out what the company is really about.

My .02

Is the Job fair, considered a M&G? Or they will eventually invite you to one? How was the experience for those that went to the ATL Jobs fair this month? Also, Does it matter if your sponsor is a relatively new F/O? I understand that the more senior the sponsor the better your chances (I'm Guessing) but will they look at your stuff if your sponsor don't have that much pull? Or does the recommendations from a FNG go to the "deleted file"?

Details matter on a resume.

I think the whole process is accumulative so if you want to take a chance leaving out a word like Express go for it.

I was told that you really should know who you are applying to work for so make sure your resume says FedEx Express.

If that is where you want to work.

ViewCola said:
Details matter on a resume.

I think the whole process is accumulative so if you want to take a chance leaving out a word like Express go for it.

Good points. The only point I was making is that the world isn't going to hang on this one issue. If it did, I wouldn't have made it through the interview process. The experience is the big ticket item on the resume. Additionally, if you look around the FedEx websites, many pages still have Federal Express along with FedEx in the title block. All that said, if I had to do it over again, I would have used FedEx Express on the resume. All's well that ends well.

Potato, tomato, potato, tomato, let's call the whole thing off.

I failed to put "Express" on my resume as well.

satpak77 said:
http://www.fedex.com/us/about/today/companies/express/facts.html?link=4

I think the "best-est" answer is FedEx Express, since that is what the company is calling the "airline portion" of FedEx.

In addition, the "Pilot Jobs" page is part of the FedEx Express area on the site.

https://www.pilotcredentials.com/careers/

Good point

I used the FedEx “Pilot Jobs” website to build my resume by addressing each of the minimum requirements. Just a technique that I am sure would work for any pilot job. I think it really demonstrates that the resume was written for their airline only.

Plus I thought I bombed the interview process so it must have been my resume that pulled me through. lol

Enough!

Can we put this topic to bed? The internet, stationary... everything says FedEx Express - it's the right answer! So put that on your resume and any other correspondence you send to the company. If you were lucky enough to get hired with the "half-right" answer, congratulations. But that doesn't make it right! Can we please quit equivocating and say "FedEx Express"?

Bamaboy

Sure is quiet in here...

Any poolies hear anything? Any more calls to update your drug tests? Any new rumors? Anything???

Yes, use Fedex Express...

But I have to admit, when I got my "welcome to the pool letter" years ago, and the letterhead had "Fedex Express" on it, I thought I might be flying a Caravan. I didn't know about the official name change (it was new then.) Keep up on the company in the news.....

Latest resources

Back