• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pool....OK, if it is a small group, then either our numbers are off or others have already looked elsewhere. Surprised they would run 2 small classes (14 then 12) back to back but who knows. It would help to know how many got the call from your interview group. I'm still holding out hope for the 11th.....thanks.
Geauxfly

Geauxfly, I asked KD how many total in the class and she told me 12. One of my buds on the line told me the next class after mine is supposed to be much bigger (30 SO's). Best of luck to all!

Pool....OK, if it is a small group, then either our numbers are off or others have already looked elsewhere. Surprised they would run 2 small classes (14 then 12) back to back but who knows. It would help to know how many got the call from your interview group. I'm still holding out hope for the 11th.....thanks.
Geauxfly

Sorry, Geaux

I only really kept in touch with one guy from my group. We both were called today. We were both in the pm session of 5 that made it through. I don't know about the am group of 5, other than they all made it past the sim.

Good Luck and Happy Halloween!!!!!

Info

Pool/FlyFedEx....thanks for the info.

Groggy....CONGRATS on the call!!

Pool, Balut, and Hagar17.....did ya'll get the call to update the p test recently? When did you get it? I hope the next class is as big as FlyFedEx heard. Thanks to everyone for all the information.
Geauxfly

Got the call yesterday for Dec 4 - yessss! Congrats to all. No new info from pilot recruitment -all FE, 12 etc.

Would have posted sooner but my hard drive crashed - talk about forced cold turkey on the FI addiction.

SB

727 FO/SO Indoc & Training

Geauxfly

Gents -

727 FO/SO Indoc & training is 10-11 weeks total, depending if there is any type of holiday break involved.

Our class started Mon, 28 Aug and most of us finished up our final training checks this week (you get three - an oral, a sim check and a walk-around check). Most of us start IOE next week.

While some of the sim training has been done off-site (FOs to Miami and SOs to Orlando), the only 727 classes you'll be called for will be classes to Memphis (i.e. there are no separate classes to Miami or Orlando).

The reason you're seeing smaller class sizes in December is because the busiest time at FEDEX is Thanksgiving thru Valentine's Day...alot of pilots who work in training, stds and other office positions are needed on the line to move freight --- taking care of the customer and generating revenue is still more importnat than training us new hires.

Anyway, good luck to all you guys ---- hope you guys get on the property soon and get thru training ---- the quicker you do, the quicker I can get off reserve!

Aloha

Pool/FlyFedEx....thanks for the info.

Groggy....CONGRATS on the call!!

Pool, Balut, and Hagar17.....did ya'll get the call to update the p test recently? When did you get it? I hope the next class is as big as FlyFedEx heard. Thanks to everyone for all the information.
Geauxfly

I was called to update drug test in mid-October

Updated through the 4 Dec class calls

Here's the latest info with this week's calls. Thanks to all for the information. Here's to the pool drying up very soon! These floaties are starting to chafe....

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (2) = 3 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 5 confirmed (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 11 (4) = 7 (SilentBob) and Irish
19/20 - 3 added from APF

25/26 - 10 (0) = 10 PoolIsCool
2 called from 25/26 Apr leaving 8 in the pool

26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 13 confirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 5 with 1 unconfirmed (wannabrich)
May poolies - 23 with 1 unconfirmed

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

September

5/6 - 6 (leadsolo)
11/12 - 6 (leadsolo) interviewed, not sure how many are in the pool
Sep Poolies - 6 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed

Latest resources

Back