FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Update

I heard from cjj and he didn't get the call for the 30 Oct class. I only know of one person (reservist) from the 19/20 Mar interview group to get called. Worst case assumption is 8 remaining in the pool from that date. Only thing I can figure is that the big jump in the 23 Oct class call was due to some people deferring a week.(at least one person confirmed to defer until 4 Dec class) The list should have moved more for the 30 Oct class. It will probably be quiet for class calls in the next few weeks as guesses have the next class on 27 Nov. It would be a pleasant surprise to have it earlier in the month. I've purpled those called and added the new information.

As far as pool draining by Christmas, if FlyFedEx is correct and 42 for Dec then assume 21 for Nov class for a total of 63. Total of poolies with recent additions = 82 with 16 unconfirmed.

February
28 Feb - 10 (from a reservist who got called)

March

1/2 – 9 (3) = 6 (jets96)
7/8 - 10 (2) = 8 (Bullschwantz)
14/15 – 11? (2) = 9 (Phaedrus) Looks like all up to here called for 23 Oct
15/16 – 5 (1) = 10 (Don’tBHate’n)

19/20 - 10 (1) = 9 cjj
One person called for sure on 19/20 Mar leaving 8 in the pool
29-30 – 10 (1) = 9 (wmss)
Mar poolies remaining- 17 confirmed

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (2) = 3 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 1 confirmed; possibly 4 more (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 6 + up to 5 unconfirmed (SilentBob)
19/20 - 3 added from APF
25/26 - 10 (0) = 10 PoolIsCool
26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 32 confirmed, 9 unconfirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 5 with 1 unconfirmed (wannabrich)
May poolies - 23 with 1 unconfirmed

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

September

5/6 - 6 (leadsolo)
11/12 - 6 (leadsolo)
Sep Poolies - 6 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed

When KD originally offered me my May interview date, I was going to be on mil duty. I asked if I could get a later date if possible or I would just be there for the original date she offered. At that time she said that June 13th was the next interview date. If there was a June 6/7 date or any other missing dates, I hope that someone would post the info. Not that it will speed anything up, but it surly does keep my fi.com crack habit under control. At this point, I think January looks like is a winner for me.

I am looking at the bright side - Christmas at home instead of a crash pad.

Last edited:
If your in training it's usually Christmas at home!

J, check your APC private msg.

Past...

At that time she said that June 13th was the next interview date.

Okay, I guess they cancelled that week. When she called on May 15th, she offered May 30/31 or June 6/7. I originally set for June, then called her back and changed it ten minutes later :0.

What days in May did you originally get offered?

Last edited:
If your in training it's usually Christmas at home!

At my company it all depended on how Xmas/New Years Day landed in the week. If it was in the middle, we would just shut down the training center for two weeks (for New Years as well). If it was touching the weekend, we would have two three-day weeks. That would still give the holidays off, but not enough time to make a safe commute in many cases. Being home would depend on the proximity to the training center.

Obviously, I am ignorant of how FedEx runs their training schedules so any insight is appreciated as always. At this point I would give 50-50 as to my starting this year so not sure if it will be a factor anyhow.

WannaB

Same at fedex. Need to look and see when XMas falls this year. Seems you may have a few days off but that is always subject to change around here!

Coming on board soon?

Past...

Same at fedex. Need to look and see when XMas falls this year. Seems you may have a few days off but that is always subject to change around here!

It's on a Monday, so I'm guessing a three-day week? It really doesn't matter too much to me at this point though, I'll probably be working through xmas at my current airline anyway. I can barely hold a line so I would actually stand a better chance being home if I started there in December. I wouldn't flinch if they told me I would be training straight through xmas and New Years to be honest. Just give me a class date a tell me where to stand.

Is this pool heated?

WannaB

Climbed out of the pool almost 12 years ago. Hopefully it's heated otherwise you'll have to rely on JDriver to keep it warm for you. I think that heat only lasts for a minute or two. :)

From AirlinePilotForums:

Does anyone know if 30 OCT took care of all March pool people?​

Remaining new hire class dates?​

I interviewed Apr 18-19 drug tested last week. In my group of 6(5 in the other) 4 onboard already MD11

I guess this means there's 4 less in the pool from April, no?

Later

Update with Irish info

Noreaster,
Updated the list with Irish's info. For 18/19 Apr, now 7 in the pool and none unconfirmed. Gets rid of some uncertainty. Only 3 dates now with unconfirmed data. List updated below. Total of 83 poolies with 11 unconfirmed.

February
28 Feb - 10 (from a reservist who got called)

March

1/2 – 9 (3) = 6 (jets96)
7/8 - 10 (2) = 8 (Bullschwantz)
14/15 – 11? (2) = 9 (Phaedrus) Looks like all up to here called for 23 Oct
15/16 – 5 (1) = 10 (Don’tBHate’n)

19/20 - 10 (1) = 9 cjj
One person called for sure on 19/20 Mar leaving 8 in the pool
29-30 – 10 (1) = 9 (wmss)
Mar poolies remaining- 17 confirmed

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (2) = 3 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 1 confirmed; possibly 4 more (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 11 (4) = 7 (SilentBob) and Irish
19/20 - 3 added from APF
25/26 - 10 (0) = 10 PoolIsCool
26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 33 confirmed, 4 unconfirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 5 with 1 unconfirmed (wannabrich)
May poolies - 23 with 1 unconfirmed

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

September

5/6 - 6 (leadsolo)
11/12 - 6 (leadsolo)
Sep Poolies - 6 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed

Latest resources

Back