FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
11 Dec Class

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the big class on Monday. Good luck to those in the pool....hopefully, it will be drained quickly. Purpleflyer/JDriver and others....I'll make sure to ask the question next week as to when the next class will be.
Geauxfly

Congrats Brich.

The training letter is pretty full of FOs from the last bid through March so I would guess everybody until at least then will be FEs. Just a guess. Based on the training letter ground school dates I would further guess that there will be new hire classes starting on Feb 12th and 19th after the Jan 22 class. That Feb 19 class might have some room for about 4 FOs based on the training letter, but I wouldn't count on it.

Again, these are all just guesses.

FJ

Last edited:
Class of 28 (all FEs in MEM) started yesterday. Definitely worth the wait! Congrats WannaB on the call....KD talked to us today and it looked like the 22nd of Jan for the class. Guesses are roughly 16 per month in class for next year or more. Another piece of info for those waiting....looks like Meet/Greets could start up again in Jan....no info on format. Good luck to all!!!!
Geauxfly

Class of 28 (all FEs in MEM) started yesterday. Definitely worth the wait! Congrats WannaB on the call....KD talked to us today and it looked like the 22nd of Jan for the class. Guesses are roughly 16 per month in class for next year or more. Another piece of info for those waiting....looks like Meet/Greets could start up again in Jan....no info on format. Good luck to all!!!!
Geauxfly

Geuxfly -

First Congrats for finally getting on the property--Welcome aboard!

I think 16 per class was the normal rate before they had all these big classes this fall to drain the pool.

During our indoc class in Aug the mgt team told us the hiring would be about 30 per month in 2007 and 2008....thus, my question to you is did KD imply 16 per class with just "one" class per month....or perhaps would they be having "two" classes per month (i.e. biweekly) as they have done this fall.

The later would then jive with the 30 per month we were told in Aug.

Thanks for any clarification on what KD said in your indoc.

We were told 16 per month in class. Nothing specific as to how they were going to manage a pool or even if there was going to be a pool....not sure if they are going to hire 30/month either. Wish I could offer more specific answers. It's good to be in training. Good luck to all.
Geauxfly

Latest resources

Back