FEDEX POOL numbers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Malter,

Everytime I see your avatar, I want a White Russian. Could it be ummm SATAN??

Welcome to the pool by the way... water's warm...

Keeping fingers crossed for an April class,

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
Malter,

Everytime I see your avatar, I want a White Russian. Could it be ummm SATAN??

Welcome to the pool by the way... water's warm...

Keeping fingers crossed for an April class,

TSD
When one craves a caucasion beverage, one should partake! Helps to pass the time while floating on the raft......man.

April would be far out but I dove in in Feb so probably end of May or Jun is the earliest I could hope for. Hope nobody pees in the pool.

...knee deep as well. How much notice do they normally give neebees before training starts?

...never piss where you eat...or sleep

Cujo

twiceskunkeddog said:
Some airlines have loop holes in their contracts where they don't have to pay passover pay because they don't even offer those positions in a bid. In effect, it's a free one-time bypass.

I assume that the FedEx contract has closed that loop hole, hence the whole problem with releasing the MOAB until every t has been crossed and i been dotted. Is that accurate?

TSD

Nevermind, I answered my own question from another source:

24.E.5.d
If throught the application of Section 24.E.5.c (above), a junior pilot is activated into a crew position for which a senior pilot(s) did not have the opportunity to bid, the eligible senior pilot(s) shall be paid passover pay in the same manner described in Section 24.D.2.b.....

Hence the delay....

Hey Malter, I was wondering why the water was sooo warm, but now I think I know...

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
Nevermind, I answered my own question from another source:

24.E.5.d
If throught the application of Section 24.E.5.c (above), a junior pilot is activated into a crew position for which a senior pilot(s) did not have the opportunity to bid, the eligible senior pilot(s) shall be paid passover pay in the same manner described in Section 24.D.2.b.....

Hence the delay....

That is what I was told is the MOAB delay. The Bean Counters need to figure out all of their Mojo; then the bid will happen; then new hires will be brought in directly to a widebody right seat. They (the company) want to minimize the financial impact of passover pay...so everyone will get a chance to move (by bidding in the MOAB) before noobs from the pool come to join our happy family. All of this will result in May classes for noobs.

I hope this makes sense to all of you because I just confused myself.

BTW my source wasn't on the crew bus, so it has to be good.:D

Beertini

Another BTW, congrats to all for making the swimming pool. Welcome aboard and hope to see you on the property soon!:beer:

Hey I just got the call from K.D. for an interview. Assuming all goes well (praying heavily now), how long have most guys been waiting from the interview until they jump in the deep end for extended purple dog-paddling? or not...

Waiting on a call back from ECIC to get prep'd...

P.S. B.D. and Lil' J., keep it quiet at the unit for now.

And btw B.D. congrats on jetBlue

It would seem that anywhere from 3-6 weeks. Historically closer to 3 weeks. Best of luck!!

TSD

71KILO said:
.....how long have most guys been waiting from the interview until they jump in the deep end for extended purple dog-paddling? or not...
4 of the guys in my group got their pool letter exactly 2 weeks after the interview, the other 2 of us got it at exactly 3 weeks. It's been all over the map in terms of timing. The shortest time I've heard was 2 weeks. The longest about 4 1/2 weeks. That's for both pool letters and rejection letters.

Swimmies

As a note of hope (or of despair, depending on how you look at it) I was one of the 60+ poolies in the 14 month club beginning 2002; no doubt you guys will get on the property sooner than we did, but be prepared to float. IMHO, you have every reason to believe you're in, just keep your head above water. I'll pass my floaties on to whomever wants them, they worked well....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back