• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX POOL numbers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Empty a pool 200 deep in May? Can FedEx train even half that many in a month? Even if they do start new hire classes again in May, I think it's gonna take a while to drain this pool when you consider new hires are still coming in the door at the rate of 30-70 a month.

Maybe it's my natural pessimism, or the fact that I've been treading water for 2 months now, but I'll believe it when "it's painted purple and sitting on the ramp!"

Does anyone know if there will likely be any sort of order to the emptying of the pool? Will a guy that went in first swim out first?

I have to think they must have some sort of plan for all of us. I can't imagine they're hiring at such a significant rate without the short term need existing.

They said that they will call folks to training based on their experience and not when they were interviewed. This is to set up for those going to the MD 11.

I still haven't figured out how they are going to do that (newhires to the 11). I've been waiting since the last bid to go to training on the 11 and I'm assuming it's because the schoolhouse/simulators are full. As of today, the 11 training letter shows the last class from the 0503 bid to start training on 7/18, which means from the 1st to last class was 10 months (Oct-July).

If they have another bid, there will be no shortage of 72 fo/so's and 10 so's who move up to the 11, thus creating another long training cycle. So where does the extra training capacity for newhires come in? I guess the real question is whether there is going to be another bid or not and how the vacancies are going to be filled.

Believe me, it would be great to see newhires in the 11, as it creates instant seniority, but at this moment in time, I can't see how it's going to happen.

Disclaimer: The company is much smarter than I am, so I could be completely ignorant on how the process is going to work.

Good luck guys, I'm sure you'll be in class soon.

MsFan said:
Empty a pool 200 deep in May? Can FedEx train even half that many in a month? Even if they do start new hire classes again in May, I think it's gonna take a while to drain this pool when you consider new hires are still coming in the door at the rate of 30-70 a month.

Maybe it's my natural pessimism, or the fact that I've been treading water for 2 months now, but I'll believe it when "it's painted purple and sitting on the ramp!"
Here is the latest Gucci Building Rumor (the same guy has told me this info twice in as many weeks so it must be true;)):

1. Classes will start up again in May.
2. Hiring as many as 70 a month, but that is undecided.
3. First few classes going to MD-11 F/O, followed by 727 F/O.
4. Classes will not begin until bid is complete (in order to minimize passover pay impact to company). Ergo, newhires will start arriving again in May.
5. All of this is subject to change at the whim of the Bean Counters.
6. MsFan still owes me many beers, even though he hasn't started class.:beer:

Beertini

Some airlines have loop holes in their contracts where they don't have to pay passover pay because they don't even offer those positions in a bid. In effect, it's a free one-time bypass.

I assume that the FedEx contract has closed that loop hole, hence the whole problem with releasing the MOAB until every t has been crossed and i been dotted. Is that accurate?

TSD

So now the rumor is no April class? Hope that isn't the case. Heard some interviewees in the past couple of weeks were still told to expect a late April class. Any confirmations to that rumor? Thanks LOA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back