FEDEX MOAB Place your bets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!! said:
Easy everyone, we're all on the same team. You too, 'Zo.

agreed magnum...it is so easy to complain about the contract and give solutions...cause god knows we pilots are geniouses...hey alonzo..i liked "midnight run" too...speaking of volunteering..i did..i vlteered for ALPA and FPA..in the offices calling all the nonmembers and trying to convince them to join..many did..some didn't...what have you done?..i know JUST COMPLAIN and offer up your solution...well i have a friend in scheduling and there are tons on VLTs each day..mostly in the rt seat of the bus...so go preach to them...and if you do not like my humor do not read it...i am killing time on b-reserve on this website..as soon as the wx breaks i will be golfing with memtrash and others...so i will not be posting...so hopefully that will make you happy...fly safe all

Thanks for the welcome from FalconJet. I agree that we are on the same team and it is good to hear that the Capt is with us on the VLT. I didn't know he would be so emotional about it. It would do us all good to remember that this is just business and not to let it get emotional. That is what the company needs to win the contract they want. This is a great pilot group to be associated with and I picked on the Capt because some of his humor seems to come with a big ego that makes us look not so good as a group. However, we are all individuals so that is bound to happen. Name calling is really isn't necessary though.

Heard a rumor that....

Paris is in the works for real this time so the MOAB may be cut in half both in duration and numbers. My question is, does the CBA have any language about a COLA or some other way to make that not so painful. Last time I was in France (last March), it was ssssssspensive!!! A Buck Thirty doesn't go as far as in the US ifyouknowwhatimean...

Thanks,

TSD

capt_zman said:
any one of you two up for trying to take a lowly fe's hard earned cash? sure could use the extra bump in pay. if you're up to it???

Capt_zman, kicking my butt at golf is way to easy. I have to many kids to play much, but CaptMark might give you some cash if you can get him to take some time off and play. I'll keep score and slow you guys down.

twiceskunkeddog said:
Paris is in the works for real this time so the MOAB may be cut in half both in duration and numbers. My question is, does the CBA have any language about a COLA or some other way to make that not so painful. Last time I was in France (last March), it was ssssssspensive!!! A Buck Thirty doesn't go as far as in the US ifyouknowwhatimean...

Thanks,

TSD

TSD, care to expand on that rumor any? How would that cut the MOAB in half or duration? Any words on whether it's Bus or Maddog? It would seem that any time this year for a Euro domicile would be dang quick.

AlonzoMosley said:
Thanks for the welcome from FalconJet. I agree that we are on the same team and it is good to hear that the Capt is with us on the VLT. I didn't know he would be so emotional about it. It would do us all good to remember that this is just business and not to let it get emotional. That is what the company needs to win the contract they want. This is a great pilot group to be associated with and I picked on the Capt because some of his humor seems to come with a big ego that makes us look not so good as a group. However, we are all individuals so that is bound to happen. Name calling is really isn't necessary though.

First of all, let me be the 2nd to welcome you. Next, what did you expect when you basically call the guy out on your first post-especially after you say you don't know him? I don't know Mark either, but I think you got off easy. BTW, I agree with what you said about vacation, draft, etc...

Sorry... I meant that the bid would only cover a year instead of two and that rather than 300 or so Widebody slots there would only be 150. Paris was rumored to be Airbus.

It was one of those things I read on another forum from this guy that said that his first cousin's aunt's husband's friend said that "the man" was on his jumpseat and he's the one that said it.

Confused? So am I, but I guess the only thing that I was concerned with was if there was any language about foreign domiciles in very expensive places. I heard another option was Zurich which is stupid expensive.

Just curious,

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
Sorry... I meant that the bid would only cover a year instead of two and that rather than 300 or so Widebody slots there would only be 150. Paris was rumored to be Airbus.

It was one of those things I read on another forum from this guy that said that his first cousin's aunt's husband's friend said that "the man" was on his jumpseat and he's the one that said it.

Confused? So am I, but I guess the only thing that I was concerned with was if there was any language about foreign domiciles in very expensive places. I heard another option was Zurich which is stupid expensive.

Just curious,

TSD

Have you gotten any news yet?

AlonzoMosley said:
Second, and this goes without saying, there will never be a contract as long as the VLT, DRF and vacation sellbacks are still going on. It has to stop. .

First, welcome to the board.

Second....I disagree with you on this issue and think that your personal attack is out of line.

A no draft/vlt policy implemented in the hap-hazard manner you suggest will not help us gain a new contract, but instead will instead deny us the use of that cabability when it is both legal and most effective. I have posted this before, but will again.

I advise you to use caution when you advocate job actions that are against federal law. You may feel a certain level of protection in that flight info does not identify your name....but realize that all electronic posts and emails have trailers that identify when you posted and from what ISP.

The union has many tools available for use to expedite/influence the pace and character of contract negotiations. These include, among many other choices,

Informational picketing
No VLT/DRFT (No Overtime)
Sick Out
Work Slowdown
Regional Strike
Wild Cat Strike
System Wide Strike

Federal law has placed limits on when each of these tools may be used. Specifically, what you are proposing is not allowed until we have ended our cooling off period and released into self help.

For any of these tools to be effective they need to be planned and implemented by union leadership and at the most advantagious time and as a whole pilot group.

The BEST way for a no vlt/draft policy to be most effective would be to be instituted at an optimum time, for example peak, and only done when every union member is aware of that policy and on board.

Realize that the company will react to any changes we make. If we start this policy through word of mouth and it takes months to implement effectively (if at all) then the company will have time to adjust its manning. Now.....when we really want to use it...it won't do us any good.

REMEMBER the Union will direct this action when it is both legal and most effective. It is not helpful for informal, unorganized, and illegal job action attempts to be made by fractions of our pilot force.

If you are a union member I ask you to contact your union rep and let them educate you. What they ask you to do right now is to fly the contract. The time will come for more action, but it will be directed by ALPA...and not on some message board.

My union speaks for me.

Paris Hub announced in August.

257 1/2 WB
All taken by current WB right seaters.

WWE in Memphis in April with Capt Mark and Zo in a cage match and EchoPapa as Referee

Of course I jest about August, its Sept. :cartman:

Latest resources

Back