• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess for the poolies will be when the bid closes, the pool will drain. After they figure out where everyone is going, they will be able to fill the gaps with new hires. My 2 cents.

Spur said:
Yes, that was the contract, but it does not apply. There is an LOA that changes the way passover pay is paid. You start getting it the month after you become eligible. Then there are several circumstances which could cause you to have to repay it... (downbid before starting training, for example)

Well, the training letter is back out and it looks like most people got moved back a few classes, at least in the bus. Can anyone tell what dates they built the holes... for newhire classes I presume...

Spur: You are correct sir. I just read the Q&A with the Posting and it pretty well lays out the case and mechanics of the passover pay. I don't have a copy of the LOA about the passover pay in my contract, and the last time I looked at the CBA on the website it was not on there either. The Q&A does a pretty good job of summarizing the improved passover system (you indeed get the money as you go instead of having to wait until you activate into the new seat).

Thanks for keeping me honest!

FJ

PurpleChimp said:
When will poolies start getting calls for training?
Is it going to be tough for them to fill the ANC slots or will guys jump on it?
Is it really going to be September before poolies can expect to go to 727 SO training?
Is there any chance of a non-glass, non-heavy, fighter-type getting a shot at an FO seat of any kind?
Any thoughts on calling KD to say I'm available at a moment's notice for any training slot available?

I appreciate words from those in the know.........
Not that I am in the know, but I would keep your online profile up to date, with the latest availability date and PIC hours as possible in there. If the rumors are true and they are going to fill classes for specific seats and domiciles, you might want your latest info in there for them to see when they are deciding who to put in which class when.

Keep in mind these were just rumors, but it can't hurt to keep the online profile up to date. If your "offer" letter said to not call about class dates, as mine did, I personally wouldn't temp fate by calling KD. If they didn't say not to, I don't see it hurting to come up with some excuse to call in and also remind her that you are ready at a moment's notice to report to Memphis.

FJ

Man am I pumped to finally see this thing. Plus it will be a nice oppurtunity for me to get off of the slave ship.
But I do feel it necessary to point out the obvious...that this bid is coming out probably only days or weeks before the company makes a contract offer directly to the pilots that will not include all the things that our negotiating committee has been fighting for. Just a small oppurtunity to remind people to keep the big picture among the all the excitement!
Anyway going to be a lot of talk around the AOC this week!! Lots of new Captain wings going out soon!

hoya saxa said:
No.of Crew Position Vac.Type/ ApproxTrng Present Sen.No.
Positions V/E Dom. Equip. Seat Length Start Date High / Low
50 V ANC MD11 CAP P/INDEF May-06 124 2422
20 V LAX MD11 CAP P/INDEF May-06 35 2119
97 V MEM Airbus CAP P/INDEF June-06 18 2633
98 V MEM MD11 CAP P/INDEF May-06 5 2595
70 V ANC MD11 F/O P/INDEF October-06 977 4473
21 V LAX MD11 F/O P/INDEF October-06 271 4179
48 V MEM Airbus F/O P/INDEF July-06 178 4264
99 V MEM MD11 F/O P/INDEF October-06 454 4320
50 V MEM B727 S/O P/INDEF September-06 656 4683

What's the start date refer to? For example, do 70 ANC FO's need to completed with training and on the line by October of '06, or is that the latest date training for those positions could start?

For what it's worth... I had recurrent GS today and ate lunch with Pete Dxxxxxxxx (all the FedEx guys know him because he is the guy that actually sets up and runs the newhire basic indoc classes). Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, "next newhire class will start sometime around the 1st 2 weeks of June". He said he hoped it would be sooner but that's what he was planning on.

boost said:
Man am I pumped to finally see this thing. Plus it will be a nice oppurtunity for me to get off of the slave ship.
But I do feel it necessary to point out the obvious...that this bid is coming out probably only days or weeks before the company makes a contract offer directly to the pilots that will not include all the things that our negotiating committee has been fighting for. Just a small oppurtunity to remind people to keep the big picture among the all the excitement!
Anyway going to be a lot of talk around the AOC this week!! Lots of new Captain wings going out soon!

Careful now "TheBaron" :puke: will spit up purple colored vomit on you for saying that. He's doesn't want you raining on the purple kool-aid parade with any reality.

If the company wants to impress us they can do it with a contract, not more training dates for 'old book' rates and rules.

Sorry for the rookie question but can someone please explain how the secondary vacancies are filled? I understand how secondary vacancies are created but is there another bid for these or do they do another shuffle based on what was in your standing bid when the primary vacancy bid closed? This is one bid I would rather not flunk!

I must agree with Jethro15. I have a friend that is an internal employee and has been offered the next available class date. He was told not to expect a class until June/July............FWIW

Miyagi said:
Sorry for the rookie question but can someone please explain how the secondary vacancies are filled? I understand how secondary vacancies are created but is there another bid for these or do they do another shuffle based on what was in your standing bid when the primary vacancy bid closed? This is one bid I would rather not flunk!

Those secondaries are also filled with the primary award. Its all wrapped up in one big package. You need to bid what you want to fly and then everything falls into place at the beginning of May. Primaries and secondaries are all awarded on the same day. Good luck!

I've got my bid in for the 737.........................;)

Latest resources

Back