Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falconjet said:
After YOU eventually activate, you will get a lump sum within 30 days for the full amount (which started the day the junior pilot activated) of the passover pay.

I could be wrong, I certainly have been before, but this seems to be the concensus and IAW with the contract.

FJ

Yes, that was the contract, but it does not apply. There is an LOA that changes the way passover pay is paid. You start getting it the month after you become eligible. Then there are several circumstances which could cause you to have to repay it... (downbid before starting training, for example)

Well, the training letter is back out and it looks like most people got moved back a few classes, at least in the bus. Can anyone tell what dates they built the holes... for newhire classes I presume...

PurpleInMEM said:
Vent on...

Personally I think we should all bid our current seats at 100%. quote]

Even better....nobody bid the Airbus Capt...that will show them. Then poor suckers like, hmmm, me for example, would be "forced" to upgrade.

Common guys...lets make a stand.

Is it a coincidence that the MOAB and the M&G window opened on the same day? How long ago did they know about the new M&G window? (five weeks?) How long ago did they know the MOAB was coming out today?

Conspiracy? I don't know. Related? I don't know. Relevant? I don't know.

Just an observation.....

BH

PurpleInMEM said:
Vent on...

Personally I think we should all bid our current seats at 100%. Let'em put newhires in the left seat of the MD. They want cooperation, then they can come to the table with the intention of reaching a freaking agreement. Unfortunately our collective greed will get the best of us in the end. Too bad, another opportunity lost.

Vent off...

How many aged 50 or over First Officers and Boeing Captains who still need to get their high five do you think will take you up on this offer? Me thinks not many.

I agree we should show solidarity, but you have to be realistic.

PurpleTail said:
To all readers that are not FDX pilots,

Please let me apologize for all posts by CAPTAIN MARK. He does NOT represent the majority (or even the miniority) of the pilot group as a whole. Please understand that he comes off a little harsh and abbrasive at times (always) and that most captains are very fun to fly with.

Time to lighten up Captain Francis, try getting laid or switching to Decaf.

So he is actually a FDX captain?

WOW.

I always just assumed he was a poser simply because of his posts. That's scary.

265 NEW WIDEBODY CAPTAINS!!!

Lets get this thread back on track.

I know that it said that the next bid will not be out until the Spring of '07 but I'm wondering how many really believe that. I have a feeling that there will be a clean up bid sometime near the end of the year. Anyone?

It looks like the '01 postal boom babies have a shot at 8 years to WB Capt! Yea baby!

When will poolies start getting calls for training?
Is it going to be tough for them to fill the ANC slots or will guys jump on it?
Is it really going to be September before poolies can expect to go to 727 SO training?
Is there any chance of a non-glass, non-heavy, fighter-type getting a shot at an FO seat of any kind?
Any thoughts on calling KD to say I'm available at a moment's notice for any training slot available?

I appreciate words from those in the know.........

Thanks Chimp. Im looking for the same.

Over/Under on the first class being pulled from the pool???

May 8th is my guess.

Last edited:
He sounds like exactly what he is, an Embry Rilddle punk that got lucky and got on with FedEx

I hope you aren't classifying all Riddle guys as punks. I've met some pilots who were punks that never got anywhere near to ERAU.

Don't leave out adding 12 MD-10's (the BACKBONE of the MD(11) fleet). Balance that against retiring 14 727's and 10 DC-10's however - only a net increase of 12 widebodies.

Hoya, I shared an airport bus with the VP of Flight Ops last month and asked him specifically how many 727s were going away this year. He said we couldn't afford to give up the lift and were going to pay for some expensive mx checks instead of parking airplanes. It sure seemed like we are not getting rid of ANY Boeings in the near future. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back