• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I understand it, only if you have been awarded (specific domicile) 11 f/o and are awaiting to go to class. Anything else, nope.

viperdriver said:
So if they put newhires in the MD-11 and I get a class date for that 18 months from now do I get passover pay or not?

If you bid the same seat and domicile and hold it, then they put newhires (or anyone else junior to you) in ahead of you, and your training is delayed because of it, then yes I believe you will get passover pay due to junior pilot's early activation.

Same or subsequent posting, same seat and domicile. Page 24-7 of the contract.

After YOU eventually activate, you will get a lump sum within 30 days for the full amount (which started the day the junior pilot activated) of the passover pay.

I could be wrong, I certainly have been before, but this seems to be the concensus and IAW with the contract.

FJ

Vent on...

Personally I think we should all bid our current seats at 100%. Let'em put newhires in the left seat of the MD. They want cooperation, then they can come to the table with the intention of reaching a freaking agreement. Unfortunately our collective greed will get the best of us in the end. Too bad, another opportunity lost.

Vent off...

PurpleInMEM said:
Vent on...

Personally I think we should all bid our current seats at 100%. Let'em put newhires in the left seat of the MD. They want cooperation, then they can come to the table with the intention of reaching a freaking agreement. Unfortunately our collective greed will get the best of us in the end. Too bad, another opportunity lost.

Vent off...

Good idea...you do that. The negotiating committee and the MEC seem to be a little more optimistic lately about getting a good negotiated contract. I'll bid what I want to fly...you go ahead and whack your own nose off. That'll teach 'em!

To all readers that are not FDX pilots,

Please let me apologize for all posts by CAPTAIN MARK. He does NOT represent the majority (or even the miniority) of the pilot group as a whole. Please understand that he comes off a little harsh and abbrasive at times (always) and that most captains are very fun to fly with.

Time to lighten up Captain Francis, try getting laid or switching to Decaf.

Last edited:
CaptainMark said:
i think it is your math..and a 727 is not a widebody..

Ok, I'll make this as clear as I can e.e. cummings. Additionally, you might want to read slowly and then re-read a couple of times to make sure you understand:

Item 1) I never said a 727 was a widebody

Item the Second) 36 minus 24 equals 12. All of which are widebody airplanes (MD-10/11 and Airbus).

THUSLY.... 12 widebody airplanes NET increase.

Capiche?

P.S. What happened to your semi-literate disclaimer of "It's just jokes?" Ya gotta be able to take it if you're gonna dish it out!

PurpleTail said:
To all readers that are not FDX pilots,

Please let me apologize for all posts by CAPTAIN MARK. He does NOT represent the majority (or even the miniority) of the pilot group as a whole. Please understand that he comes off a little harsh and abbrasive at times (always) and that most captains are very fun to fly with.

Time to lighten up Captain Francis, try getting laid or switching to Decaf.

He sounds like exactly what he is, an Embry Rilddle punk that got lucky and got on with FedEx, upgraded and now thinks his $hit really doesn't stink cause he flies a "widebody". His screen name and avatar should be enough evidence.

Latest resources

Back