Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huck said:
First two weeks of June. Pete D. would sh!t you not. An extremely good guy.

Ok first 2 weeks of June, but will it be first in first out of the pool, or preferential hiring? I have heard both. Anyone Anyone? thx

I was just hoping that they (upper mgt) were going to move the schedule up on him, that's all. First two weeks of June it is...

TSD

I'm hearing first half of Jun as well. The biggest question for us Poolie-types is will it be based on a first in, first out philosophy with small exceptions? Or, is it a free-for-all once established in the pool. Since I was early in, I'm hoping for the former..........

Ok, here is the big IF: If they are going to hire into the Boeing as normal, I have my dibs on 2 classes in June, first on the 5th and the second on the 12th. There will be 12 - 16 people in each class, maybe 24. Then 3 weeks off and the next group of similar size classes starting on the 3rd or 10th of July. Rinse and repeat.

This is just a guess of course. IF they are hiring into the back seat, I predict it will be more or less a first in first out pool. There are always exceptions of course, but I think they usually try to run it that way.

Now, IF they are hiring directly into the MD-11, I think it will be more of a best qualified out of the pool. The pool will probably drain within 2-3 months anyway so hopefully nobody will have to wait too much longer.

These are just SWAGs of mine, I have no inside info. We won't know the answers until the MOAB closes and the brain trust gets a chance to make their decisions on where the new hires will go.

Either way, I think a lot of the poolies will be hitting the Gucci building before the summer ends.

FJ

FJ,

Just curious, actually hopeful is more like it, but with the big break in training is there any way that they could have a normal class? Even if it is all SOs?

Keeping fingers crossed, and skipping a heartbeat everytime the phone rings,

TSD

MsFan said:
...But I've never been known as an optimist, either.
A sentiment that comes in right handy in a variety of situations--especially when you root for the M's.:bawling:

You know you love me--and I am getting more thirsty every day your training date is delayed!:beer:

Beertini

Classess

I'll play. First two weeks of June make perfect sense. June 5th for the first class.

As for straight to the right seat of the -11, I would guess neither in Memphis nor LAX. There are only 99 seats available in MEM and 21 in LAX. Now if it was Alaska, I would say that is very likely. Classes starting right away? Not so much, unless they move everyone listed for classes in June & July (May is practically locked in and would require contractual manuevering to move everyone in class). I think the training slots are taken until mid-July.

If there is a lot of movement out of the F/O slot of the -11 creating another 100 or so seats in Mem on the secondary, then I would say there could potential for new hires straight to the right seat, but the start date would be late summer.

My guess, until the bid is completed and implemented, there would not be any hiring taking place. But, alas, I am not the decision maker.

Wishing everyone luck!

Last edited:
for the poolies out there how long from meet n greet till the interview. anything special to know about for the meet n greet. got mine in june an dhopeing to get on before the weather in alaska get bad again.

thunderworm said:
for the poolies out there how long from meet n greet till the interview. anything special to know about for the meet n greet. got mine in june an dhopeing to get on before the weather in alaska get bad again.

I did my M & G July 2005. I had my interview Jan. 2006. Been in the pool since early Feb. Update your profile before M & G. Have all of your stuff current. Answer a few general questions. Try to make a good impression, because the ACP has a big part in your future! Good luck! :D

Latest resources

Back