• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex: Just got the call. What now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I guess that pretty much says it all! Since you're such a phenomenal pilot it must be difficult having to instruct new hires. What an arduous task. You are either a poser or a complete @ss. Probably both.

Exactly the response I was going to make!

...well...considering a lot of people pay 7-10k for a 737 type at SWA without any guarantees, I'll bet the number would be pretty darn high.

RAC396Let's cut to the chase if I could promise ypu a job at fedex.What would you pay?

Not a frikin dime, but I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Chief Pilot's office as he administers discipline for undermining the hiring process and committing fraud. You can't guarantee anyone a job......Albie doesn't Guarantee a job, he guarantees his product....big difference.

Laughing_Jakal said:
RAC396Let's cut to the chase if I could promise ypu a job at fedex.What would you pay?

Not a frikin dime, but I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Chief Pilot's office as he administers discipline for undermining the hiring process and committing fraud. You can't guarantee anyone a job......Albie doesn't Guarantee a job, he guarantees his product....big difference.

AlbieF15 got my point.You mised it by a long shot.10 years ago when I interviewed no one even thought about paying for prep. Now 30 newhires a month X $800 = some big bucks.You do the math.

...RAC...the big winner is Pan Am, and the second big winner is the sim IP....the sim now hums along in the black when the facility used to be in the red. I don't make much off the sim side of the business--that is something we started as as service. The interview prep is our bread and butter. Southwest, Jetblue, and a host of others don't do sims, but we prep for them as well.

RAC396 said:
AlbieF15 got my point.You mised it by a long shot.10 years ago when I interviewed no one even thought about paying for prep. Now 30 newhires a month X $800 = some big bucks.You do the math.

It's called free enterprise! Great service at a great price IMO!!

FedExFlyer said:
It's called free enterprise! Great service at a great price IMO!!
Just worked with 4 new hires today.They all had completed their sim eval,and all had been preped.When I asked if they felt Riped Off they all said Riped Off was too strong. when I said overcharged 4 heads shook in the afirmative.They all thought that they would have gotten through without the prep,but they all said that they would do it again because they didn't want to be at a disadvantage.In short what they paid for was a leveling of the playing field that was made unlevel by those who are selling the prep.
A luxury once tasted soon becomes a necessity.

RAC396 said:
In short what they paid for was a leveling of the playing field that was made unlevel by those who are selling the prep.

I guess you blame Remmington for killing JFK too?

I feel sorry for Albie and the others who have to justify this whole thing every time some jack-nuckle takes issue with it.

RAC396 said:
Just worked with 4 new hires today.They all had completed their sim eval,and all had been preped.When I asked if they felt Riped Off they all said Riped Off was too strong. when I said overcharged 4 heads shook in the afirmative.They all thought that they would have gotten through without the prep,but they all said that they would do it again because they didn't want to be at a disadvantage.In short what they paid for was a leveling of the playing field that was made unlevel by those who are selling the prep.

Sounds like you were asking some leading questions, there RAC. As a newhire, I would've nodded my head to anything someone in authority said. Especially if I had just spent a ton of money on sim prep. Noone likes to spend that much money on anything, but the simple fact that they all said they'd do it again indicates that they really DIDN'T think they got overcharged. Want to get rid of the sim prep? Then convince the company to scrap the sim as part of the interview process. What's your main gripe, anyway? That two hours in the sim prepping is somehow going to teach someone how to pass the sim phase of the interview? If a guy can't fly, then two hours in the sim won't help him. If he can, however, then those two hours will go a long way to helping him relax and doing as well as he can. Do you really think FDX is getting a lower quality product simply b/c of interview prep? Ridiculous.

I would hate to be RAC396's student.

We've got too many pompass @ssholes who think they know it all - AND I've noticed a lot of these guys and gals happen to be in the schoolhouse.........interesting..........

Guess flying the line isn't challenging enough.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back