Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USNFDX

Purple Member
By now everyone should know that mem-ewr-fra sequence is disputed. Yet we still have people picking them up!

I Have an RFO pairing(not disputed) next month that links up with a disputed pairing on their last leg to mem. I looked to see who these guys were and realize that f/o who is junior to me is not working Christmass.

As it turns out, this f/o was orignaly awarded a line with a nice long carryover trip over Christmas.

It appears to me, that the company allowed him to trade off of christmas to this disputed pairing!

trading off holidays

You cannot drop the eve and day of holidays per the contract, but you can trade off of the holidays - I have done it before, but you have to get it in right away and your seat must be sufficiently manned for the day.

The fact that he now has a disputed pairing has nothing to do with trading off the holiday.

Goose17

Goose17 said:
You cannot drop the eve and day of holidays per the contract, but you can trade off of the holidays - I have done it before, but you have to get it in right away and your seat must be sufficiently manned for the day.

The fact that he now has a disputed pairing has nothing to do with trading off the holiday.

Goose17

It has everything to do with it! With the way the madog is manned, there is now way CRS would allow you trade off of xmass unless they had somthing to gain! IE a hard fill disputed pairing! Also, his orignal pairing was a carryover which per the contract can only be traded for another carryover trip.

So what some of you guys are telling me is it's okay... 'screw your buds it's Christmass'

Maybe I should change my way of thinking:mad:

hmm,

I am not promoting screwing your buds, I am simply saying you can trade off of holidays. I am not aware of the MD current manning.

As for carryover, you cannot do anything with it as far as drop or trade until you are in that month (i.e. open time is released and trip trading begins for the subsequent month).

You might be right on the conspiracy, but I still want to make the point you can trade off of holidays.

Goose17

USNFDX said:
So what some of you guys are telling me is it's okay... 'screw your buds it's Christmass'

Maybe I should change my way of thinking:mad:

Yep, forget about your family, your kids, your buds come first.:(

FoxHunter said:
Yep, forget about your family, your kids, your buds come first.:(

My guess is that you forget about your family and your kids and have NO Buds!

You selfish SOB

Latest resources

Back