Fedex Disputed Pairings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
needapayraise said:
What you don't realize is that our NMB mediator has specifically mentioned FedEx ALPA's pay opener as a factor in OUR negotiations with UPS.

I do understand that, and even if I didn't, you're pretty much everywhere pointing this out. My commentary still stands though. You almost seem surprised at what New FDX pointed out: the NMB is not your friend. The real problem isn't FDX: it's a terrible labor environment that is currently stacked heavily in management's favor. Too many people thought this tough environment was just for those who were in BK or 'greedy mainline pilots getting a dose of reality'. Fact is it been bad for all of us, and it's going to be a tough road no matter what. That said, without a release, the only thing you can do is keep blasting through the lies presented by the NMB and management so that they can't outlast you. The rest is diversions and part of the game. If you really believe the NMB would change their tune if FDXALPA changed theirs, ask them why they won't release the pilots at Great Lakes after nearly 5 years of negotiations? There isn't a comparison out there that doesn't show them behind their peers yet the excuses continue. There's a bunch of threads about it here if you run a search.

needapayraise said:
What you don't realize is that our NMB mediator has specifically mentioned FedEx ALPA's pay opener as a factor in OUR negotiations with UPS. The NMB is now questioning how the IPA can be asking for more pay when UPS has more on the table than what FedEx ALPA is even opening for.

Hey NeedaBrain~

That's an easy one! Look at your current pay rates X guarentee compared to FDX, you need to be asking for double digit percentage increase just to catch up and be on top. Your amendable date was 6 months ahead of ours so why are you waiting on us to settle our contract. By all means be our guest and show us how its done big boy.

Goose17 said:
As for carryover, you cannot do anything with it as far as drop or trade until you are in that month (i.e. open time is released and trip trading begins for the subsequent month).

You might be right on the conspiracy, but I still want to make the point you can trade off of holidays.

Goose17

There is one more scenerio that occassionally happens where a carryover trip gets dropped (it just happened in LA) and that is JURY DUTY conflict. The person I know had an 11 day trip, from Dec 19-29, that was just dropped without pay.

Yeah I know flying on the holidays can suck. But I did Thanksgiving on a Monday this year. Maybe celebrate the Epiphany and 3 Kings Day instead of Dec 25th. Make up holidays- a holiday together can be any day. You don't have to fly a disputed pairing in order to love and appreciate your friends and family.

PurpleTail said:
There is one more scenerio that occassionally happens where a carryover trip gets dropped (it just happened in LA) and that is JURY DUTY conflict. The person I know had an 11 day trip, from Dec 19-29, that was just dropped without pay.

Mil leave will drop 'em too. Not that there's anything wrong with that! (use Seinfeld inflection here)

hoya

PurpleTail said:
Hey NeedaBrain~

That's an easy one! Look at your current pay rates X guarentee compared to FDX, you need to be asking for double digit percentage increase just to catch up and be on top. Your amendable date was 6 months ahead of ours so why are you waiting on us to settle our contract. By all means be our guest and show us how its done big boy.

Our 12yr captains make more than your 15yr captains and unlike you , we are going to get a DOUBLE digit pay raise. Just wait till Fred threatens to shut you down like he did last time, you'll roll over again just like you did then.

To stay on track of the original subject of this thread I submit this. If you fly disputed pairings (regardless of the holidays) it lengthens the time and energy it will take to get a contract.

If you want a contract now, you only have to do one thing.

DPUTFP.

Don't Pick Up The F$cking Phone. This especially applies to all Memphians.

Champ42272

Wait a minute Sarge, what's the point?.....I have no point.

You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

..I am thinking "needaraise" is a management plant designed to A) make pilots attack each other instead of sticking together on common goals and B) make pilots appear so unsympathetic nobody can like them.

I'll put him on the ignore list for now...no longer responding to flamebait.

Latest resources

Back