FedEx Call for Profile Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quiet Flight said:
What's so hard about MD11 training at FedEx? (Or any plane/seat for that matter?) Systems/ops/profiles/limitations/emerg procedures? What's the catch?

It seems a cloud of doom and worry hangs over getting a right seat right off the bat. Whereas at most other carriers, a right seat is your only option. What gives?

Thanks.
And to add to what others have already said, I think the "unconquerable MD-11 training program" is an urban legend perpetuated by the training department old guys to make them feel self important. It isn't that hard. Make no mistake about it, though, there is a TON of info that will be crammed down your throat and learning all the FedEx nuances along with it will make IOE interesting.

That being said, if they call and offer you a training date in ANC on the 11 I, personally, think you would be absolutely foolish to turn it down. Seniority is everything and who knows what might happen down the road.

Good luck to you guys waiting.

RAC396 said:
I was in a meeting in the falcon bld. today,and heard that the first 70 newhires would go to ANC. Call will go out offering an ANC MD 11 FO class.

Any ideas on how people will get pulled out of the pool? I interviewed in mid Jan. Will it be first in first out? Is there still the idea out there of hand picking for the MD-11?

No way they're going to let a Knuckledraggin' ATR guy fly something as cool as an MD 11 right out of the box... I hope that doesn't apply to former ATR guys as well (5 years baby!!)

See you soon at the Falcon building or hey... Maybe the Gucci building...who knows?

TSD

Any more calls to update pee?

Seriously, though, one of the other guys on the thread said he got the pee call, but looking at his profile, he doesn't fit the "Heavy/Glass" experience mold that they were talking about. So maybe it FIFO, or maybe they're planning on draining the pool so fast, it's not going to matter...

Hmmmm...

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
No way they're going to let a Knuckledraggin' ATR guy fly something as cool as an MD 11 right out of the box... I hope that doesn't apply to former ATR guys as well (5 years baby!!)

See you soon at the Falcon building or hey... Maybe the Gucci building...who knows?

TSD

Yeah, I would be suprised if they let this former ATR driver in the MD-11, but hey, they interviewed me and put me in the pool didn't they? I guess we'll see soon. I am just ready to start training. See you in MEM!

EVERYBODY starts out in the Gucci building. Only the chosen ones get to go over to the Falcon building and fly the Jurassic Jet (or Bus) after indoc and ground school!

As Bob barker says: Come on down!

FJ

For what its worth, several board regulars are instructors...RAC396, FDXDisco, and likely a few others.

I have only done the 727 program, but I always found the instructors to be pretty darn motivated and helpful. The guys I have met in the MD 11 program impress me as much if not more. If you are struggling, I think there are going to be plenty of folks ready to help you out. It doesn't do anyone any good to see you show up and fail, and the instructors want to see you succeed.

That in mind--just like UPT or anything else--attitude and prep are crucial. If you plan on jumping home everytime you have an 18 hour break from events, or if you show up expecting your instructors to "pour the knowledge into your brain...", you may end up a statistic. There are plenty of your bros on the property that have recently been trained that will help you out as required. ]

Work hard, play hard...if you have gotten this far I cannot see you failing now...

No way they're going to let a Knuckledraggin' ATR guy fly something as cool as an MD 11 right out of the box...

I went from left seat Brasilia to right seat DC10 (GAC).

I remember taxiing by a World DC10 in Atlanta on one of my last flights at ASA, looking up at the belly from the Brakilia cockpit and saying "Jesus God what have I signed up for???"

Here's the big secret: they're all just airplanes. The other secret: the bigger ones fly better.....

RAC396 said:
Passover pay is only paid when someone junior to you in a stateside domicile is actvitated in a sest you were awarded.

Where do I find that in the contract or LOA. Nothing that I have read refers to "stateside domicile". Just curious, because there are many of my buds that have been sold a bill of goods and bid ANC with the expectation of passover pay.

Anyone else willing to pipe in???

Evidently there is an LOA that covers passover pay that I don't have and isn't on the website copy of the CBA, so maybe it is in there. All I can find in my contract in same domicile and seat. Maybe the ALPA website has a copy of the LOA but I haven't checked there yet.

Be that as it may, I don't think anybody was sold a bill of goods about passover pay. The ACP was pretty specific about not gaming the system in hopes of getting passover pay, but to bid what you want to fly.

Plus there haven't even been anybody hired into the ANC domicile yet, so we have to wait and see if they are even going to need to pay passover. They may train the current folks first and bring the new hires into the back seat, we still don't know for sure what the company is going to do.

FJ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back