FedEx Call for Profile Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rusty Nail said:
If this is the case, are there any ANC F/O's that could let us poolies know what reserve would be like commuting to ANC. ie days on reserve, ease of commute.

Thanks

Live in ANC.

RAC396 said:
I was in a meeting in the falcon bld. today,and heard that the first 70 newhires would go to ANC. Call will go out offering an ANC MD 11 FO class. You can take it or decline,if you decline back in the deep end you go. Makes sense, because ANC FO's would not cause pass over pay.Good luck Y'all

Please explain how passover pay wouldn't apply for ANC FO.

reserve goes very senior especially in the summer. lots of guys commute. there are many week on week off lines. commuting on company is the way to go although there is quite a bit of comp.
I just finished training and have been here just under a year. for what it's worth I'm very glad to have spent 8 months in the back of the boeing getting use to the company procedures at low jeopardy. the md11 training is excellent but could be a handful for a new-hire with no international/glass/& FedEx experience. A training bust on your initial training equals loss of job. Just something to consider.
Good Luck and happy to see you on the property soon!

just checking on how much that would cost.

U-haul...Tampa FL, to ANC: $7,499
U-haul...Tampa FL, to MEM: $1,775

Although I can save money by going
Tampa - Seattle: $2,158
Seattle - Anchorage: $999
Crazy as it sounds make two reservations and save $4300.

man I have way too much time on my hands

Last edited:
LivinDaDream said:
It would be a lot cheaper, however, to pay passover to the 57 who held ANC MD11 FO instead of the 480 or so who held the -10, Bus, -11 and 72 right seats.

FJ

What's so hard about MD11 training at FedEx? (Or any plane/seat for that matter?) Systems/ops/profiles/limitations/emerg procedures? What's the catch?

It seems a cloud of doom and worry hangs over getting a right seat right off the bat. Whereas at most other carriers, a right seat is your only option. What gives?

Thanks.

Quiet Flight said:
What's so hard about MD11 training at FedEx? (Or any plane/seat for that matter?) Systems/ops/profiles/limitations/emerg procedures? What's the catch?

It seems a cloud of doom and worry hangs over getting a right seat right off the bat. Whereas at most other carriers, a right seat is your only option. What gives?

Thanks.

The MD-11 had a horrific training program in years past..a lot of failures...program was reworked and is doing much better....but i agree ..it should not be any problem..it seems the ones who have problems are 727 guys who have flown steam gauges all their life and then go to the bus or 11 ...most elect to go back to the 727 once the training failure is looking them in the face or frustration sets in...

FWIW, the latest rumor I've heard (told as gospel of course) was new hires starting on 25 or 26 May, comprised of 35 FO's. Wasn't specified whether these would be 727 or ANC MD-11 FO's. My presumption would be to ANC, but I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

hoya

Quiet Flight said:

Thanks.

Sucky training department? Longest training footprints in the industry by type? Just a guess.

Where else would you hear negative things about getting hired directly into a widebody...

LivinDaDream said:

Passover pay is only paid when someone junior to you in a stateside domicile is actvitated in a sest you were awarded.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back