Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PurpleTail said:
Ballpark it this way...

Our last contract was amendable JUN04, that was 27 months ago...

At the VERY LEAST figure roughly 2000 hrs of back pay. (8 months @ 68 hrs BLG + 4 months @ 86 hrs BLG = 888 hrs annually/12= 74/mon X 27=1998). Each month that goes by without a contract increase the figure by 74 hrs.

Multiple 2000 hrs X whatever your pay increase is (plus interest:) ) and you should be close.

Is this correct logic or am I missing something? Be nice!

I forgot something...

There is a longevity bonus calculated somehow that I am unaware of for the length of the contract. If the contract was 3 yrs long it was 'X', if we signed a 4 yr deal it was 'X' and if we signed a 5 yr contract it was 'X'...I don't how 'X' is calculated.

Anyone???

Let's start with 73hrs and 91hrs BLG, I think that's more representative of avg BLG...but I like your 'plus interest' comment. I think I would have invested my 'retro' pay in Google. Yeah, that's the ticket!

AlbieF15 said:
...None of those annoyances make this a "bad" job, but seeing the improvements to the small stuff like that will make life much smoother under the next contract. I hope to see some improvements in scheduling, subsitution, and open time rules when I finally get to peek at the TA...

Hey Guys,

I'm not on property yet, but watch out for verbiage in the TA that gives any qualifiers in the contract concerning scheduling's "discretionary" capability; for example in my current contract:

At Crew Scheduling discretion, ready reserves may be used for trips that come open at a time equal to or greater than the call-out time, subject to the restrictions of paragraphs F 1. - 9. above."

If they have "discretion" they WILL use it at the pilot's expense. The loopholes start there, and get worse. Management will lure you in with pay raises and blindside you with fancy language that will screw lineholders as well as reserves. I'm coming from the "Once Bitten Twice Shy" point of view, so pardon the abused mentality.

I have the utmost confidence in the ALPA negotiating team, but don't get blinded by short term financial gain. Riches can be found in the quality of life as well as the bank accounts.

Thanks to all of you guys/gals at FedEx for keeping this the ultimate job in aviation!

WannaB​

hey guys,

the formula the union is using for retro/signing bonus is
936x(yrs since amendable date)x(pay rate for your current seat in 2003)x7%

936 is the average yearly blg

so for a widebody capt,

it should be 936x2.4x198x7%= 31135

good luck,..

Thanks

Guys,

Thx for the retro calc info. Now back to LMS.....

Tongue in cheek

Albie15 ....

Wasn't throwing darts at you...you're a known quantity....As far as the calculation goes....since they negotiated it, I'm not going to worry about it....doing things like that could lead to disappointment if you made improper assumptions.

Before anyone gets bent out of shape about the average bid line guarantee calc....remember all those guys flying drf/vlt etc? Well, some were not only doing that to increase their monthly check, but were counting on the 100% flyers to secure them a retro pay contract that rewarded them for whoring at the trough. They're going to be the ones counting on their fingers and muttering in public like Mr. Burns on the Simpsons. Wait till they figure out they can't afford the Corvette with the "Thanks Alpa" liscence plate (if that doesn't make sense .... talk to an old head on property).

Now everybody quit your biotching, celebrate a little, and be happy. You're frikin alive today and life really is good....and besides, my negotiating committee speaks and spoke for me.

pilot141 said:
Ban him! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

They can call it my Lollipop and Pedicure Restitution Fund for all I care; if the numbers add up to Yrs x Hours x Pay x 7% (basically what we were asking for) then it's fine by me.

But give me some increased B-fund, a better trip-rig and better healthcare or you can stick your Lollipop and Pedicure Restitution Fund right up your a$$!!!!

:)

Whatever ya call it don't tell the wife!:pimp:

1st things first........THANK YOU Negotiating commitee for getting us a TA before the shizzle hit the fan.....I have confidence it will be for the good for us all, both pilots and company.

However, the lofty (retro....signing bonus) goals you guys are talking about on this board just ain't gonna happen. We will see some $ indeed but not the kind of $ that is being thrown around on this thread. Dont be disappointed when you see much less than anticipated.

I think we will see the rewards in our 4 cornerstone issues that were being addressed in this contract. Remember we are shooting for the stars in improvements but both us and management are going to meet in the middle. Thats just how negotiations go.

MY MEC SPEAKS FOR ME..............

ps.....and when our union leaders come around for the roadshows....SHOW UP, ASK QUESTIONS, and then make your decision on how you will vote

Laughing_Jakal said:
VAB---must be smokin it

KLHoard.....this is like crack.....I thought you quit....you couldn't resist could you....you'll be back at it 24/7 and before you know it.

Flight info detox is a biatch
They told me at the meetings that I wouldn't be cured until I'm dead. . .
This web site is like a three car pileup with bodies still hanging halfway out of the wreckage - I feel bad as I slow down to look, and I feel bad after I've looked - but d a m n it, I still look. . .
All I remember before rehab was all of these guys screaming "I don't care what the pay is, it's Quality Of Life, Scope, Blah, Blah, Blah!!!". . . . Now that the TA is announced, all they're doing is counting the Benjamins. . .
Jakal, Goose. . . . call the People Help desk and get me checked back into the HIMS program. . . It's Appendix H of the F.O.M. . . .

Media Coverage has Started

Commercial Appeal has cited some 'industry insiders' as giving figures about the TA. Our union web page msg line says they will have a response later today. I'm not gonna give the local Memphis rag any credence here...I hate that paper. Just thought I'd pass it along. FYI.

Latest resources

Back