FedEx and Pilots reach TA !!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Purpled said:
I guess we'll see, there's still a few days before the IPA releases its results. Hopefully info for us will start flowing before them.

Question for UPSers: Does your voting system allow you to change your vote or is it a one shot deal?

Yes! Let's get some details before our vote closes.....I knew there was a reason I haven't voted yet.

Also, to answer your question, it's a one shot deal.

active_herk said:
Check your email inbox, I just got a letter from the MEC.

Got it. I just thought it was strange that it was on the company website with no MEC e-mail. I went to our MEC section on the ALPA website and it was on there as a special announcement. It took about two hours before I finally got the e-mail. Not complaining. I just thought, initially, maybe it was a dirty trick by the company. That said...

Great job and many thanks to our hard working negotiating committee!!!!

Last edited:
VaB said:
Great news!!! Terrific job by the negotiating team.

Does this mean that I can take that draft trip that they just called me for now? Kidding kidding.

It better say Retro Pay though.

I agree, No FULL Retro, means no incentive to deliver ontime next time either.

Without full Retro some of our retired bros lose out on what they should have earned under a timely contract.

PurpleHaze said:
I agree, No FULL Retro, means no incentive to deliver ontime next time either.

Without full Retro some of our retired bros lose out on what they should have earned under a timely contract.
DejafreakingVu.......

I have heard this same statement for the last month and this POS is still going to be voted in at mother brown. Management might not be able to run an airline, but they know how to manipulate their employees.

Payscales might not be everything, but it is a pretty darn good place to start ehhh?????;)

Big picture question:

Assuming 7% retro and 9% raise[as an example]. If my current hourly is $100, does it jump to 109 or 117?

Gentlemen,

Let me say two things. First, I think Bob Chimenti and his staff deserve free drinks forever for completing this Herculean task. I hope the terms are favorable and that we can get back to the business of kicking UPS's ass as usual.

Second, I don't want Retro Pay. I want a signing bonus. Here is the reason. Retro pay means "amended" 2004 and 2005 W-2 statements which requires us to file amended returns. It is a huge pain in the a$$ (I had to file an amended return this year for 2005 after the company got a ruling from IRS that Workmens Comp was not tax deductible).

I heard the rumor that any signing bonus would be paid in two equal payments, one in Dec 06 and the other in Jan 07 to divide the tax liability over two calendar (fiscal years for us) years. This eliminates the hassle with retro pay and spreads the tax liability over two calendar years. I believe that is a win-win for both parties.

What do you think?

Champ42272

Champ-

Retro Pay. I understand your reasoning but just because I don't want to fill out the paperwork, if that indeed is the case, is no reason to prevent those who came before us and retired or had to retire from getting what is due to them. That being said- "My MEC speaks for me and the negotiating committee drinks for free".

VA-
Not even gonna read it. C'mon, we all know better than that. That is the same as saying if you had to work one Tues a month you wouldn't vote for it because Tues is your fishing day.

Take it as a whole not just one part.

Latest resources

Back