• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Anc Move LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's vote to approve the conditions of the LOA, but only if it is included in a whole-package contract sent directly to Fred for his approval.

Dear Fred,

Here is our offer, it's pretty cheap in the big picture and it will allow the company to get manning back up to where it needs to be.

PS. Turn down the optimizer!!

USNFDX said:
Los1

What you and others say makes a lot of sense. If the MEC is endorsing it, I will be unified and vote yes!

It just seems like we have some leverage here.

something to consider.

Great now I'm being wish-washy......

we are pilots..we're all wish-washy!

Los1 said:
USNFDX-
I see what you are saying but;
What if this is part of the negotiating process? The MEC has said that this is good enough to put up for a vote. I am going to have to trust them. Maybe this is part of a "growing the company" deal that the union and the company both agree that's a good thing. We can start hiring in some poolies ASAP (seniority is good for everyone) and show good faith in the health of FedEX.
I have been spewing out the "negotiating committee speaks for me" line for a while...this has met with MEC/Negot Comm. approval.
just stirring the proverbial pot
Fraternally
Carlos
PS I think this is the kind of healthy debate a storng group should always have
Carlos: I have to respectfully disagree to a point. While the negotiating committee speaks for me, it is OUR job to approve what they negotiate, hence the vote.

Although I agree that getting this passed might help out the poolies and the current pilot group, I'm not going to blindy vote for this any more so than I will when we get the full TA for a vote.

By sending it forward the negotiating committee has sent a message that the offer is worth our consideration, but it should not be construed as a rubber stamp endorsement.

The email even said that you should read the LOA and decide for yourself if it is acceptable, and if so vote in favor. I got the impression that the committee wants it to pass by the tone of the email, but I still owe it to myself and the rest of the pilot group to read it and then vote.

I look forward to the day when we can do the same on the full TA.

I've got your back, and I know you have mine.

The negotiating committee speaks for me.

Lets GitRDone!

FJ

Falconjet-
Whether or not we agree or disagree is not the point. That is what the democratic process is all about!!
I do get a warm fuzzy about we all hanging together when the chips are down.
You can count on me on being a good wingman. I know you will too.
Hopefully everybody else is onboard also!!
Los1

MemTrash said:
If I get to vote I vote NO! Unless there is a good contract with it.

that attitude will get things moving alone...lets all blindly vote no without reading it and waste another 2 years...for a guy that has more union stickers on his flightbag than hairs on his head u should realize the union has approved the LOA for a vote..that makes it worth reading and then voting...now enjoy your 4 weeks off of vacation and work on the shank t-shot of yours...just kidding about the hair...noone knows u wear a wig...see u on the t-box...

Oh why not... (Keep in mind I'm not fluent in leagalize, but...)

My Summary of the LOA...
- #2 relocation package
- Must move; physical address change, no crash-pad move
- Must live in ANC for 18mos.
- Stay ANC domiciled for 3 years.
- New hires get a move right after finishing IOE (I'm assuming so they don't pay until you pass.)

Benefits...
- You get a PAID #2 move package if you VOLUNTARILY bid to/from ANC
- New hires get a move package to ANC.

CaptainMark said:
that attitude will get things moving alone...lets all blindly vote no without reading it and waste another 2 years...for a guy that has more union stickers on his flightbag than hairs on his head u should realize the union has approved the LOA for a vote..that makes it worth reading and then voting...now enjoy your 4 weeks off of vacation and work on the shank t-shot of yours...just kidding about the hair...noone knows u wear a wig...see u on the t-box...

Well, I have ZERO stickers on my flight bag and that is about the right number of hairs so I guess you have something there.

But, I guess I need some educating from someone on this. We talk about a contract for 2+ years then when the company needs something we sign an LOA for what they need. I'm all for helping the company grow, but why not have it in a contract. Or, like the company has done lets talk about it for two years and see how they like it.

We have 4600 independent operators that help the company every day. Like doing tons of carryover and then protecting it, or M/U, DFT,VLT, selling back vacations. A good friend told me the other night that I(as a capt) should be telling all the F/Os about not doing any extra, then in the same breath he tells me he is selling vacation in April, oh but he needs it, WTF is up with everyone? I'm sure the company loves you guys for it. You have tons of hair on your head but no balls to help the union and I know you know they want our help. ... just kidding about the balls... but I'd love to see you and another 4599 others guys use them to help the union and themselves! Come on CaptCompayBoy lead by example!

Kidding just kidding... kinda

I'm not going to read the bloody LOA and I'm voting NO! unless it is wrapped up in complete contract. SEAT Progression is not a pay raise!! :angryfire

Last edited:
boy you have it all wrong...and i know you are kidding...well u vote no and to all the poolies who will be delayed hiring because of memtrash send me a pm and i will give you memtrashs address so u can pay him a visit....i figure he will cost you a years pay....kidding..off to the the west coast...if you need me i will be t-ing off a torrey pines in the morning...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back