FedEx Anc Move LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptainMark said:
boy you have it all wrong...and i know you are kidding...well u vote no and to all the poolies who will be delayed hiring because of memtrash send me a pm and i will give you memtrashs address so u can pay him a visit....i figure he will cost you a years pay....kidding..off to the the west coast...if you need me i will be t-ing off a torrey pines in the morning...

Yea but when they get hired they'll love me for making FredEx a better place for them. Or we can do it your way and they will have to work more for less.
SEAT Progression is not a pay raise!

Last edited:
you guys have to stop giving a rats ass about the "poolies".....They are not Fed Ex employees....Who cares if they ever get hired,,,, contracts are about the pilots that draw a paycheck from FedEx,,,,,screw the guys that dont work for you yet.........

Here at Fedex, most of the poolies are our friends that we've known for a long time, and a lot of us have stuck our neck out to get them hired here. So when you say "screw" them, I think you meant, screw you.

From the Air Force--the term "bro". There isn't a moniker a figher pilot would rather have...

From the Navy--"Buddy" is half a word. Tico--you sound like a "buddy".

A different take on negotiations

Ok, I'm playing the devil's advocate here, but thought some might want to chew on this. I spoke with a Captain the other night, and he had an interesting take on the "don't fly extra" mentality. Let me paraphrase him:

Suppose you wanted to cook a lobster, what is the best way to cook it? Do you get the water to boiling and then throw the lobster in? Or do you put the lobster in the cold pot and then bring the water to boiling?

His point is that unless we all stop flying overtime at the same time, i.e. during a self help, it won't be nearly as effective. By having some individuals stop and others continue to do it, we are only hurting ourselves because it prolongs the pain. In addition, we allow the company to slowly get used to not having guys fly extra instead of turning it all off overnight. By having them slowly get used to it, they can be better prepared when the actual time comes to turn it off.

Another analogy can be the infamous optimizer. When the company initially got it, they turned it on full blast and in return, got the highest jump in union membership in the company's history in a few short months. So what did they do? They turned the heat down, and then SLOWLY reapplied the heat. The effect is we are now where we were when the heat was full blast a few years ago, but guys have slowly gotten used to enduring "the pain" (not that we are happy about it).

Now, I only put this info out here as something to think about. I am not advocating any course of action in either direction. While I do agree it would be to our benefit if everyone stopped doing extra, and only did what was called upon; I wonder if that is possible given the mindset of many members of our crew force, unless it is formally directed by the union. If the union directs it, I feel confident that our membership will do what is right. Until that time, however, I am not so sure.

Ok.... now I'm getting ready for the onslaught.

look...memtrash is partly right...there are 4600 independant operators here with one voice...that voice has not spoken as to an illegal job action...i am in a city with 4 jets going out and 3 of the captains are on draft...sadly i am on reserve......all different reasons...mostly to build a warchest...whatever...until fdx imposes some harsh change of rules or something ugly the no extra flying deal will never fly...people are selling vacations all over the place...let the union do their job and when they say it is time to act i am confident we will be there as a group...and memtrash..when u come to town let's play some golf...i think my club will let u in...we also have a pool..and a pond..the pond will be good for you!!!!!

Last edited:
Regardless of if you are voting yes or no, VOTE. I am sure the company will be watching the numbers to see how many people are actively involving themselves in union issues.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back