Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

houseopain

Albief15 and others

Just got the call from Beverly at Fed EX lining up an interview 15-16 May...I am not prepared at all...How about some good advice?

House O Pain

Congrats on getting the interview

When I interviewed quite a while ago, I used the AIR INC telephone interview prep (even though I wasn't a member at the time), and found it to be quite helpful. The good news is, if they have called you for an interview, they want you, so the odds are already on your side. Good luck!

I used both Air Inc and Cage Consultings telephone interview services and found the Cage product to be far superior.

Used Air Inc prior to a SWA interview and was setup to recieve a call the following morning from their SWA "expert". 45 minutes after they were supposed to call the phone rings with someone apologizing about how the "expert" was stuck in traffic and that they would hook me up with "someone". This guy gets on the phone and admits not knowing anything about SWA and that we would do a generic interview prep. Should have asked for my money back at that point.

Used Cage's prep prior to my UPS interview last year and was very satisfied with their offering. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with a woman who was retired from some majors HR dept
(don't recall which one). Very helpful and knew her stuff.

Needless to say , I now wear brown. Good luck

Last edited:
When I called for info on JetBlue, I had a young female ASA pilot answer that knew not a thing about the company (she actually asked me for gouge). Confusion/buffonery as mentioned in previous post. I did NOT do an air inc prep after that experience.

I completely scoff Air Inc interview prep. Go to the company experts....

Beeks for SWA is highly recommended.

Albie

Ditto the above two posts. I called Air Inc prior to my FedEx interview for their general info to see if I wanted to do a phone prep. Turned out that I'd gleaned more and better info from this board, WFFF, etc, then what they had -- their "expert counselor" didn't give me a thing I already didn't know -- we spent half of our time with ME answering HIS questions about jetblue. Made me feel like I should have been getting paid.:rolleyes:

If you can, get a hold of all the Air, Inc magazine articles on fedex for the last 5 years or so to get a feel for the company. Also, WFFF and several posts on this website have excellent gouge for the interview.
I used the Air, Inc telephone interview, and found it helpful.

interview prep

First off, congratulations.

If you look back at previous posts, you should find quite a bit of info on this subject.

In short, there is really not a lot of prep to do. The tests are a bugger, but there is no way you can study enough to significantly change your score.

The sim is normally the A-300. Some guys pay for sim prep, I did not and did fine. If you have heavy experience, you should do fine.

The rest is looking inward. Go through your log book and write down some memorable moments. When you are asked questions from the captains during the interview, you will have fresh stories to draw upon.

That is about it. No smoke-n-mirrors. Straight forward.

Good luck.

Goose17; Fed Ex 727 Second Officer

House, are you Active Duty AF?

House,

Just trying to confirm or stop a rumor that FedEx has stopped called Active Duty USAF pilots for interviews.

This is from a FedEx pilot that placed a rec for me:

{I also heard (from a Capt who got the info directly from the HR chief), FedEx will not interview military pilots unless they have a DD214 proving they are no longer on active duty.}

Best wishes to you at the interview!

For what it's worth

Active duty pilot here at Altus got called 3 days ago for an interview, projected DOS of November pending Stop Loss. No waiver in hand (or even submitted yet), no separation orders, no nothing. Question was asked about separation date, but did not seem to be a factor (at least, not yet). Interview is approximately 3 weeks away.

Peace,
DP

Latest resources

Back