• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feb. PBS Bid Awards - ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8:09am and still nothing in SkedPlus... nothing from the union, nothing from Papagorgio, no ability to trade, swap, drop, etc...

I have vacation for Feb and I have 18 off in a row with another 2 off between trips for a total of 20 off and work 8. However I have a trip that bleeds onto Jan 31, and a trip that bleeds over to March 1,2,and 3.

Question: Do the bleed over trips and their value get taken into account with March Bidding? If the company threshold value is 75 for March, am I getting a credit towards that for my trips that I am scheduled to work March 1,2, and 3rd?

Compared to my vacations that I was getting with line bidding...this works out to the same amount of days off I was previously used to. The difference is that with PBS I was able to get every single weekend off, while under line bidding you had to schedule partial weekends usually to get the max days off.

However, I don't really see this bid cycle or the next 2 or 3 as really representative of what we should expect. Too many people-especially the senior ones who will have the most impact- have yet to learn the system well enough to show what you can truely hold.

I ended up with a great schedule. It's the best one I've had in a long time. Sounds like most people are happy. Then there is CRJ567 who will never be happy.

Where did he go? Haven't heard his whining in a while. Maybe he's out getting more tampons and midol.

So it seems that all the junior people that were on reserve are happy they are finally getting a line. I hope you are happy.... This PBS is a double edged sword. The company has announced that we are receiving 4 more 700s and yet no vacancy award has come out. The company doesn't need to upgrade because they get a increase in efficiency with PBS. Hope you enjoy your lines as PBS has reduced the number of upgrades that will come.

So it seems that all the junior people that were on reserve are happy they are finally getting a line. I hope you are happy.... This PBS is a double edged sword. The company has announced that we are receiving 4 more 700s and yet no vacancy award has come out. The company doesn't need to upgrade because they get a increase in efficiency with PBS. Hope you enjoy your lines as PBS has reduced the number of upgrades that will come.

Nevermind that those of us still on reserve will be for a LONG time to come.

I ended up with a great schedule. It's the best one I've had in a long time. Sounds like most people are happy. Then there is CRJ567 who will never be happy.

He might be ohhhhh what is the phrase..............."cautiously optomistic"

I'm glad everybody is happy and busy counting all their chickens.

He, like others are not quite high-fiving yet. The company has a long history of tweaking EVERY agreement we have EVER had. I think everyone worked REAL HARD to make these pairings look good. Will they put this much effort into the following months?

Just consider, they might tweak PBS to get everybody on board. We'll all be so happy we'll do ANTYTHING to convince EXJET that PBS is awesome. They need us to be happy for the JCBA negotiations/vote. After the vote WHAM! Pappagiorgio gets ahold of it again. If you were MGMT isn't that what YOU would do?

OR it could be the company has had a change of heart and wants us to enjoy an improved QOL after slowly crushing it over the last 4 years.

Given the past performance, which do you see as more likely?

I promise if this system turns out to benefit EVERYBODY after the JCBA is voted in, and for the following several months, I will happily eat my words.

I just don't trust them.

Here's the funny thing. The company can continue to staff on a razor's edge for all I care. It's going to be interesting to watch the company go into panic mode when Age 65 runs it's course and the Majors HAVE to start hiring again to keep up with retirements. The regionals won't be able to hire and upgrade fast enough to keep up with the attrition and that's when its really going to get interesting. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get hired at a Major before the meltdown at the regionals.

Of course, the regionals are too busy looking 6 inches in front of their faces to see the bus that's about to run them over.

The regionals won't be able to hire and upgrade fast enough to keep up with the attrition and that's when its really going to get interesting. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get hired at a Major before the meltdown at the regionals.

Of course, the regionals are too busy looking 6 inches in front of their faces to see the bus that's about to run them over.

I can't wait to have a front row seat for that show...

Latest resources

Back