• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBO etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the two negatives in the phrase "couldn't care less" apply to different verbs, thus not cancelling each other out. the first, couldn't applies to the act of being able to care. the second "less" applies to the act of caring.

i agrre wiht wat he sed

So is there a difference between regardless and irregardless??

mmmmmmmmmmm...........BEEEEER

1. P.S, The csr's behind the counter. Leave them alone, because they think all of you are dorks trying to hit on them. You should hear what they say when you walk away.. I know because I'm there in my 'freight uniform' :pimp: for 5+ hours talking with them.
  2. If you come into the lounge and the door is closed, shut the dam door after you come in!!
  3. WTF!!! Is CNN, the weather channel and FOX news the only TV channels you know?
  4. Turn you ringer down and get rid of those stupid ass song ringers.
last week in shv this fo came out the lounge with the back of his shirt hanging out his pants asking the csr if he should heat up the catering in the microwave, it took him like 10 minutes to figure out that he should not heat up the grilled shrimp, and before he walked away he said "decisions like these are hard, that's why we get paid the big bucks" the girl couldn't stop laughing when he walked away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dracula
I fly with a guy who uses a knee board in the airplane and stands at the urinal with his pants down to his knees.

LMFAO

I guess the kneeboard keeps his pants from falling off!!!

After Start

Our checklists arent exactly laid out in such a manner as to get us moving in a hurry. In fact I have watched glaciers pass me as I went through the checklist items. Once we do get moving our taxi checks are very quick, mostly because weve done dang near everything before we started moving, hmm come to think of it this might actually be a very good idea. Something to consider.

I fly some corporate stuff on the side and some of you guys run through everything so fast that you miss half of it in order to get the boss moving 2 seconds after he gets on the plane. The hell with that. Ill go when im good and ready, the line guys can wait. And so can the people in the back.

I fly Corporate and I can assure you no corners are cut and yet our planes move from the blocks efficiently. I understand on the AHRS issue if no GPU but I have seen many of your planes connected to and start with a GPU and then still sit there for five minutes after start. Maybe you should have your standards department come up with some procedures that make sense and have some consideration for the ramp environment.

What I hate the most, is when other pilots keep coming into the weather room and then walking right back out to the hall and tell their copilot something about wishing I was off the only computer in the FBO so they could check the weather. Who do they think they are. Maybe they should complain to the manager about not having two computers, so I could check on that big ole pilot watch I'm watching on Ebay while I'm typing this. That might speed things up.
I don't care if they are ready to go and need to look at the line of weather thats forming. They can see it when they get in the air. I've got six more hours to wait, and I've got to do something to kill time.

Latest resources

Back