FBO etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Loud Talker

I fly with a "loud talker" - It appears as thigh it's a personality thing. If he's on the phone its important, and all should know about it. I swear he would answer the phone at a funeral.

You have my apologies if you ever run into him....

Also, whats with people wearing their phones (or blackberries) on their belts with the ringer on the highest volume....

It's called vibrate - use it.

For those of you without vibrate on your phones, you have my aplogies - just get a new phone...I don't need to hear the latest R. Kelly hit when your wife calls you....

Speaking of tips, aren't they really just bribes for decent service the next time you're at that FBO?

Last edited:
Also, while on this nit-picky thing - please, for the love of god, don't go in the restroom that is right next the crew lounge and make a huge fecal mess, make the whole crew room stink like a bronx sewer for the rest of the day and come out grinning and leave in your shiny jet.

I fly with a guy who uses a knee board in the airplane and stands at the urinal with his pants down to his knees.

Haha, the guy I usually fly with will stand in front of the mirror in the restroom and drop his pants to his knees while he adjusts his shirt to tuck it in again while everyone gets a nice look at his tighty-whiteys.

He was at the urinal with his harry a$$ showing as I walked in and I made an immediate 180. My luck he would of turned and started talking to me while everyone else looked at me like "You know this freak?"

How about the guys who start both engines, and just sit there. Are you guys filing a flight plan, getting a standard pilot WX briefing, AND doing the first flight of the day checklist? The fractional guys are the worst in those straight wing Citations.

Our checklists arent exactly laid out in such a manner as to get us moving in a hurry. In fact I have watched glaciers pass me as I went through the checklist items. Once we do get moving our taxi checks are very quick, mostly because weve done damn near everything before we started moving, hmm come to think of it this might actually be a very good idea. Something to consider.

I fly some corporate stuff on the side and some of you guys run through everything so fast that you miss half of it in order to get the boss moving 2 seconds after he gets on the plane. The hell with that. Ill go when im good and ready, the line guys can wait. And so can the people in the back.

Haha, the guy I usually fly with will stand in front of the mirror in the restroom and drop his pants to his knees while he adjusts his shirt to tuck it in again while everyone gets a nice look at his tighty-whiteys.

Must've been a Jarhead. :)

People need to learn the difference between there, their, they're, we're, where, were. Call me anal, but I think I learned this in 4th grade. I bet "there" resumes "where" a mess. Those of you who are thinking..."I don't get it?" are the ones I'm talking about.

To stay on the subject...I hang out at the fbo for six hours by choice. Our company will pay for a hotel but it's one of the hotels that Dr. Jack Cavorkian (no clue how to spell his last name) used to host his assisted suicides. It's creepy as F*ck in there, the beds have reddish colored stains on them, and you wake up itchy all over. So, yes, I'd much rather spend the day at the FBO "napping" like a 65 yr old because my 9-5 job began at 3:30am.

Everyone else can do whatever it is that they do while I sleep like a 4 yr during nap time. Talk loud, fart, ********************, turn on a friggin stobe in the quite room, do run ups out side, and blast snoop on the cell ringer. If you have have a problem then tell the person. In the meantime, while all of you duke it out, I'll be sound asleep.

Latest resources

Back