• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBO etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't cockblock me if I am putting the moves on the gal behind the counter.

that's awesome!!!!!!!!! I'd say the same idea applies to the girl behind the front desk at the hotel also.

MURF

I def. agree with the Nextel stuff...I hate those things.

Also, YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS?? When folks say Kingston instead of Kinston (ISO) on the radio when they are reading back a clearance. There is no damn 'g' in the word and I hear this s&!t almost everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I'm not from Kinston, I'm a damn Yankee so I can only imagine how the Kinston folks feel.

MURF

Once you have that second engine up and spining, MOVE off the ramp.
I understand you cessna pilots need half a hour to load your single FMS but please move away from the front door.

People need to learn the difference between there, their, they're, we're, where, were. Call me anal, but I think I learned this in 4th grade. I bet "there" resumes "where" a mess. Those of you who are thinking..."I don't get it?" are the ones I'm talking about.

<<snip>>

Everyone else can do whatever it is that they do while I sleep like a 4 yr during nap time. Talk loud, fart, ********************, turn on a friggin stobe in the quite room, do run ups out side, and blast snoop on the cell ringer. If you have have a problem then tell the person. In the meantime, while all of you duke it out, I'll be sound asleep.

OK, if you're going to be anal about it, shouldn't:
  • "quite room" be spelled "quiet room"?
  • "stobe" be spelled "strobe"?
  • "out side" be spelled "outside"?
  • "have have" be considered a bit redundant?
Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Last edited:
maybe you should turn in that mighty "piston twin" for a nice 152.

How'd you know that I'm working a guy over on his GPS in a 152 this next week? The twin had more soundproofing, but it didn't do well if the engine quits. If the engine quits on the 152 we can just stick our arms out and flap. We'll probably make better time.

I'm half joking myself. The other half is kidding.

Last edited:
I def. agree with the Nextel stuff...I hate those things.

Also, YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS?? When folks say Kingston instead of Kinston (ISO) on the radio when they are reading back a clearance. There is no dang 'g' in the word and I hear this s&!t almost everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I'm not from Kinston, I'm a dang Yankee so I can only imagine how the Kinston folks feel.

MURF

Keep in mind there is also a KINGSTON VOR in NY. IGN. Throws guys a curve sometimes

OK, if you're going to be anal about it, shouldn't:
  • "quite room" be spelled "quiet room"?
  • "stobe" be spelled "strobe"?
  • "out side" be spelled "outside"?
  • "have have" be considered a bit redundant?
Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

ya got me.....I had a strange feeling that I was setting myself up. I better lay off the home brew before posting next time.

As long as we are going to hijack this tread .... how about folk who say:

"couldn't care less" Well if that is the case you must care a lot. -OR-

"don't know nothing" Then you must be terribly smart because you know everything.

Somewhere along the line it became acceptable to speak in double negatives. I guess further evidence of the dumbing down of America.

Last edited:
Once you have that second engine up and spining, MOVE off the ramp.
I understand you cessna pilots need half a hour to load your single FMS but please move away from the front door.

It's not the FMS that we have to wait for, it's the POS attitude gyros that take forever to spool up. We can't move until they are up. We don't have the luxury of having an APU to have all that crap already ready before engine start.

Latest resources

Back