Favorite snack foods during cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Favorite snack foods during cruise?

When I was hauling night trash around the south, single pilot, I grew attached to Pop Tarts the strawberry and chocolate ones. Over two years I must of consumed an average of two or three boxes a week.

So, now with my current flying gig, as we prepare for a trip, the second item on my “after takeoff from house” checklist is to swing by the quickie store and snag me a box of Pop Tarts for the day’s trip.

They go well with orange or apple juice, heated or unheated.

At first everyone around the department go a giggle out of my choice of munchies, but now it’s not uncommon to find a box stashed away aboard one or two of our jets for emergencies.

Also, anyone ever spilled anything on a center console?

One of our training Captains did just last week. Tomato juice, a spicy V-8 or something like that. After fermenting in the hot sun for a day the odor has become part of the MEL, man it stinks!:eek:

TP>>>

I knew I wasn't the only one buying strawberry and chocolate Pop Tarts. I actually prefer them cold.

Hey, anyone know what the brand is called or WHERE I can get bottled water that has a cherry or other flavoring added to it? I picked some up in the south and can't find it in Chicago.

Well during my longer flights, I generally bring cookies along with me, just in case I get the munchies.

If I got the time, I'll stop by Barnes and Noble for a Mocha and some shortbread....havent spilled any yet.....

Little Debbie cream filled oatmeal cookie things, and beef jerkey-the tougher the better- (hey, I'm from the south).

Both have shelf lives of about 2 decades. If the Debbies get smashed up in the flight bag I will pass on to the jerkey.

Couple sticks of jerkey and 20 oz of bottled water and you will be full for hours.

First the bad news. I did spill coffee, once.

Snacks? NWA got me hooked on those "Body Smarts" candy bars. They are as good as most real candy and not quite so bad for you. Also, real beef jerky and a fuji apple

My Jepps have never been the same

On a hot Harlingen, TX day and in between a quick turn back to DFW I bought some delicious chocolate Ice Cream. Right on Takeoff the Ice cream fell right into my flight bag which I discovered a few minutes later....to this day some of my pages are still stuck together. Moral of the story = Ice cream is worth it!

Raw peanuts, Cashews, beef Jerky are other favorite munchies

Bananas

I once put a banana in one of the pockets of my helmet bag for a snack and forgot to eat it. I turned my helmet in to life support after the flight and tossed the helmet bag into my trunk. Didn't fly again for about a week and a half. That bad boy was RIPE! I had to wash the helmet bag twice to get the smell out and my checklists and in-flight guide had runny rotten banana stains on many pages. Maybe that jerky would have been a better idea...

In the middle of the night, when the heartburn is killing you from all of the coffee and junk food you've consumed, nothing is better than an ice-cold bottle of Chug chocolate milk!!! Ahhh...

Latest resources

Back