• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite snack foods during cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since I am diabetic (dammit) I have to watch what I eat - Dew would probably throw me into a coma, and Jolt, and well, they'd be jolting me back to life! 71mg caffiene, yikes

For me its Nature Valley granola bars, I shove a few of those in the rollon for the weekly commutes, and those'll easily tide me over for a few hours, til I can get the best airport food.

I also like Nutrigrain bars, but those dont have the resilience that a crunchy granola bar does when shoved at the bottom of a flight bag

ALE-8-One (ale eight one). It is a Kentucky thing, ginger ale with a kick! For all of the Comair guys they sell it at BIGGS, any way, followed buy a healthy portion of Skoal Mint Longcut! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

It was a Marlboro during the Moutain Air cargo days.

gotta love boxes.

Smoking Man

Stayseated- regarding the lunch spilled down the aisle:

A friend of mine (now an ASA chief pilot in ATL) was flying copilot in the Bandit with a notorious pervert for a captain. Captain's flight bag was between the seats, and when he rotated it tipped and about 6 copies of Hustler slid down the aisle. He looked at his copilot and said "Pick those up, will ya?" The copilot told them to get them himself. The passengers were staring down at them, then up into the cockpit....

I fly relatively short legs and rarely have time to eat inbetween, but when I do its airport Burger King with a diet coke for me! Then maybe wash it all down with a cinnabon! And then maybe one of they cookies they have at some of the outstations (these are actually fairly good, long as they are fresh). If I am feeling really brave I will get the airport hotdog (shelf life = 100 years). In flight its all about Pepsi and candy bars.

Twotter76

Peanur butter crackers and a Pepsi. Late night, Dew. Pretzels and coffee you can stand the spoon up in. Anyone remember putting peanuts in your Coke (bottle)?
As for the flavored water, "Fruit 2 O" at Sams Club,in BNA anyway.

And don't forget the doughnuts!!

Hey Twotter76

BurgerKing... Cinnabon, cookies, candy, and pepsi in flight..... but a DIET coke at burger king?? What's up with that?

Snacks

I heard somewhere that you can really win friends among SWA crews if you bring them a bag of Egg McMuffins.

chperplt said:
Hey Twotter76

BurgerKing... Cinnabon, cookies, candy, and pepsi in flight..... but a DIET coke at burger king?? What's up with that?

Diet Coke is understandable, obviously he is on a strict diet watching his weight!

HAHAHAHA!

I have to agree, Pepsi in flight... And a nice Pastrami on rye with swiss! MMmmmmm....

Just like the man said, I have to watch my trim figure after all. I figure the diet coke balances out my other somewhat more caloric-intensive tastes. After all life is a series of comprimises.

Twotter76

jerky, jerky

Since I'm not the only person that enjoys jerky on a flight, I'll post my recipe. Its good for about 2.5lbs of round steak or venison.

Start with-
5oz La Choy Soy Sauce
1 cap liquid smoke (1 tble spn)
1 tsp diced garlic
1 tsp onion
1 tble spn brown sugar
1/4 cup water

let meat soak atleast 1 1/2 hrs

sprinkle fine ground mustard seed
course ground pepper
garlic pepper

6-10 hrs in a dehydrator or smoker and...mmm