Favorite snack foods during cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JOLT!!

Oh, yes, I remember JOLT!! That was some strong stuff!!

I used to like those peanut butter filled cookies when I was in the airlines. Today, I fly short trips in small aircraft and eat after I land. That way I don't have to worry about spilling anything in the airplane....or drinking a coke too quickly and having to pee an hour later with another hour to go before landing.

This is a great thread!!

kilomike

MMMMM Diet Coke

Diet coke with coffee chaser.

The problem is, after you do this for a while on those 8 leg days, you have to time it right for the lav breaks.

Oh yea, a big jar of salted and unsalted peanuts mixed 50/50. It will last for a good 2 or 3 day trip and some good jerky of some kind, not the cheap crap.

I ferried Twin Otters all over the Pacific for years. Every 12-17 hour flight to/from Hawaii & the States I had a box of Nilla Wafers, and a great big empty bottle of Gatorade.

Hammer

How About chocolate covered expresso beans, Real handy on those 14- 16 hour days. But be careful, too many and you'll be acting like Barney Fife on crack!

Pilot snack

What ever happened to having a Coke and a Snickers between flights?

That'll keep you going.

I don't know if it's the kind you got down south, but I've had H20 by Veryfine (I think it is) a few times, it comes in all kinds of flavors like strawberry, cherry, lemon, etc. It's rather good stuff. Try Walmart maybe, I think Sam's club carrys it.

I have to agree with beef jerky and pop tarts. Cashews when catering messes up and gives them to us.

Ahh...the altoid can

Altoid cans make great ashtrays. Best when used under single pilot ops or if your F/O smokes too.

snacks

Jolt was awesome!! Completely forgot about that!

I always stock extra fig newtons, gold fish, bite size snickers, and honey roasted peanuts (i know, you airline guys are sick and tired of peanuts, but fresh planters honey roasted...mmmm). altoids for dessert. oh, and can't forget the tangueray for the after-flight treat.

flyhi

Latest resources

Back