Favorite snack foods during cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
utahpilot said:
never heard of Sun Drop, I'll have to try it. out of curiosity, I checked for the caffeine content of these and others:

mg of caffeine per 12 oz. serving

Coke 34
Diet Coke 45
Mountain Dew 55
Pepsi 38
Pepsi One 55
Dr. Pepper 41
Barq's Root Beer 22
Sun Drop 63
diet Sun Drop 69
Surge 51

I had no idea Diet had more caffiene than regular pop. Where did you get this? I'd love to check it out.

Skoal, longcut Straight, and Aquafina. Those empty, big mouth Aquafina bottles shure used to come in handy on long haul midnight flights in the Metro...

I'm becoming partal to Auntie Annes Pretzels. Get one fresh out of the oven and there isn't much better!!

I seen some Jolt in the gas station (South Dakota) the other day. They have come out with many flavors now: a mountain dew taste-a-like, rootbeer, cola and some others that I can't remember!

Troy....Mocha and Shortbread? Way to citified for me. I like the granola bars with chocolate chips and some DP. Troy....are your loafers light.....j/k dude. I know you East and West Coast people think that stuff is great.

I usually go to the store the night before a trip and get a huge bag of trail mix from the bulk bin. Pretty cheap and will tide ya over till you can get some real food. If such a thing exists for an airline pilot.

Ok, maybe I have been in the city too long. I grew up in the mountiains of Wyoming and really like some homemade elk and deer jerky with a Pepsi..Havent had that for years.

Snack Food

I like Labrada Lean Body protein bars, followed by a extra big dip and Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen. Whoever said those aquafina large bottles come in handy after being emptied hit the nail on the head. Theres nothing as relaxing as a pinch between your cheek and gum.

Dip Cup

To all you people ot there that dip. When I flew single pilot at night for a year I rigged up a spit cup with velcro on the bottom that would stick to my lap board. I know this sounds dorky but it worked great and a few other guys that I worked with there that dipped did the same thing and loved it.

328dude said:

A flight attendent introduced me to this. Name? The Cosby...
Recipe: Hot Chocolate Packet, 2 creamers (cream not powder) Usually the ones in the galley. Flavored ones are good also....and hot water. Mix the hot chocolate and the two creamers toghether till you come up with a paste, then add the hot water. Mix well.

At my airline we call that an "ASA Mocha" except we use coffee instead of water. I always have the FA use 2 bags of coffee in the coffee maker too. Only way I can drink airline coffee.

To compliment the "Mocha" I carry a packet of instant oatmeal. Usually Apple&Spice. Put it in a standard coffee cup, fill 1/3 full with hot water, and presto, a breakfast that will almost get you through that first leg of the day.

Latest resources

Back