• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do I REALLY want to know? Well why is it so hard for you to tell us? I actually feel sorry for the pilots that have fallen victim to Kenn's latest scheme.

Here is why I would like to know. If you are really convinced you are on the chopping block and that management is right on this, and you keep hammering those two points ad naseum, you will have taken the vsp and be moving on. If you are just spewing some management troll line, you will not have taken the vsp. So yes, I'd like to know if your money is where your mouth is. I'll apologize for calling you a troll if you are gone.

Hmmm. Someone else has lots of time too apparently, but yep. I did have time to post! Those darn airplanes. They can be so... broken. Your point?! You think I'm lying about what's going on in the pilot lounges of the FBO's, huh? Someone's in denial.

did it before I even made through half of my morning cup of coffee. With all the sitting around for 2 days at fbo's on broken airplanes, I'm guessing you made around $1000 extra

Negotiate a better deal??????? A VSP is a better deal.....anything at all is a better deal. The other option is Furlough. VSP is giving a choice. A furlough is not a choice. That's the better deal right there. And anyone that believes KR would not have followed thru or furloughed anyway like a said before. That's even better yet now it's on him. This went down on the union. Agree to the VSP sign off on it and the ball is in KR court let him take the hit or prove again he's the reason we need a union. This is so simple and to get outplayed on this is not acceptable.

Even if it was the exact same deal, the union is attempting to make sure that the program is administered fairly. However, the company would rather cherry pick who goes and when, without any transparency, method or target numbers disclosed. You don't find anything the least bit suspicious about that? You don't think they would cherry pick union supporters? ... or the oldest pilots?.... or the ones with the most history of sick leave? or some other arbitrary criteria that the company sees as beneficial? Of course they would.

The reality is that the company could easily negotiate an agreement with the union about the terms, if the company was also willing to agree to numbers and methods. Instead, they chose to use the recently recalled pilots as pawns in KR's big gambit to get rid of the union, then spin it like the big bad union isn't looking out for the pilots it represents... and you are falling for it! KR's tactics are exactly why this company needs a union in the first place. You may not like or understand why the union does what they do, but at least they are trying to do things fairly, unlike our management team.

You're damn right we're falling for it. The union's semantic, unnecessary, knee-jerk reactions for reasons that are so ridiculous (throwing out the CBA. Laughable) because they are angry with management's refusal to negotiate were equally wrong and are costing all of us about to be out of a job up to $100k. If I get my pink slip and I don't get my VSP it is the union's fault. period. And I can't forgive that, and I will remember that when the inevitable decertification vote happens, because thanks to the union, instead of a VSP, I will be furloughed and have a vote.

The union likes to harp on management not being transparent, lying, and being dishonest. None of the union minions want to comment on the fact that both EV and JB sent letters to the company begging the company to at least have compassion and to please give those who were furloughed "the same VSP they gave the Flexjet pilots." The Company did just that. To the furloughees and offered it for anyone interested. Yes, there were limitations, but considering they didn't have to give one at all as it's not in the contract, so what. Those who were furloughed were going to be taken care of. The union could have streamlined the injunction to only be for those not furloughed and left the furloughed pilots out of the injunction. But instead, the union reneged on their begging for the VSP to be given to the pilots and has filed an injunction to take it away from them. In that move the union looks just as shady, just as dishonest, selfish by demanding recall rights to a VSP which would have only ensured the most senior to get a paid vacation and when they return another inevitable furlough, and obviously did that in spite of knowing what that does to the pilots now on the street, and now many more of us are going to follow any day. Obviously, the union's agenda is more important than those who got furloughed, all to make a point.

Despicable, unforgivable move. Exactly as Ricci hoped it would play out. And now, in the end, he will win.

Last edited:
Ricci will not win because he was just caught in another lie. According to his statements in AIN, Ricci claimed the VSP was so well received, that 70 pilots accepted his offer. He even said he expected to be sued by the union but was going to proceed anyway. Backup to his previous statement that due to realignment of the fleets, he had 80 pilots more than needed. So why did he just furlough 40 pilots? I smell a rat.

993. Once again. A who cares how it's administered. 1. ITS VOLUNTARY 2.ITS A BETTER DEAL THEN THE FURLOUGH 3. ONLY PEOPLE LEAVING ARE LOOKING TO LEAVE ANYWAY.

So let's do this then. Every pilot that's over age 62 (You can collect SS) let's ask them to resign and make way for the younger guys that have families to support and don't have a savings built up yet and are not eligible for SS. We got old F that are collecting pensions from military and past careers working here. They don't need the FING money their just selfish greedy A Holes. Most non union supporters if not all of them. They can't see, hear, and barely able to keep the plane upright anyway. not to mention being able to fit in the damn cockpit.

Or sign off on the VSP.

Last edited:
I don't have a dog in this fight but I have a couple of questions. Aren't furlough rights and a VSP two different animals? They often come up together since a company that wants to lay people off would usually prefer to get rid of senior people who are paid more instead of the guys at the bottom. The company is paying a premium to influence people at the top to leave so, of course, there are no return rights. Furlough rights, on the other hand, usually involve a specified amount of pay and recall rights. What am I missing here?
Helm

You pretty much got it.

only a few people are speaking up against this. But haven't talked to one pilot on the road that thinks it was a correct move on unions part. VUH has fallen silent cause everyone is afraid to speak out against it there.

Last edited:
Helm, what's missing is management wants 100% control over who can take the vsp. Seniority is not honored. They won't sign a Letter of Agreement, they want this to be outside the contract. They want to deal directly with the pilots in violation of the RLA. Several guys are trying to say it will not affect bargaining rights going forward, but that is simply not true. It will negate bargaining rights going forward for those of us who stay. That is what is missing.

Latest resources

Back