FAPA (F9) question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hose A. Jiminez

Are you guys developing a plan for if Bedford tries to push Republic pay rates on you or worse, pulls a Midwest Express? No one needs the further spread of commuter pay rates on mainline routes. Stand your ground. This affects us all.

We signed a letter of agreement before the final transaction that includes theoretical job protection for all pilots currently on property as well as pay rates through 2015. Im being vague because so is my knowledge of the finite details. I say 'theoretical' because isnt every protection, at every airline (scope, job protections, etc) just that?

We signed a letter of agreement before the final transaction that includes theoretical job protection for all pilots currently on property as well as pay rates through 2015. Im being vague because so is my knowledge of the finite details. I say 'theoretical' because isnt every protection, at every airline (scope, job protections, etc) just that?

Were the pay rates pre or post concessionary? Best of luck...

Those rates are for the Airbus, but when Bedford changes the aircraft to 190's then all bets are off. You will get the low pay these guys love so much.

Follow on question for the FAPA folks:

Was this negotiated in conjunction with the RAH pilot group or independently?

When will the F9 pilots merge/consolidate with the RAH pilots, 2015?

What fences, if any are there in place?

Thanks for any information. It is a very interesting situation that is developing.

Follow on question for the FAPA folks:

Was this negotiated in conjunction with the RAH pilot group or independently?

When will the F9 pilots merge/consolidate with the RAH pilots, 2015?

What fences, if any are there in place?

Thanks for any information. It is a very interesting situation that is developing.

This was not negotiated with RAH/IBT present.

They will merge long before 2015.

Fences are a negotiated part of an integration agreement, not a pay continuation agreement.

Frontier pilots essentially voted to keep their current pay rates until such time that Frontier pilots are integrated with RAH pilots AND a new CBA or an LOA is created that covers work rules and pay for the Airbus. Since a new CBA for RAH pilots is way off, F9 pilots will keep their pay for a while.

RAH pilots will not be able to fly the Airbus until some integration agreement is implemented to allow it. And we all know F9 pilots won't give up what they have.

The E190 simply cannot replace the A319/320. The economics of the Airbus make sense on high load routes, and the E190 is not capable of flying the long range stuff (coast to coast, full loads to distant Caribbean and central american destinations. The E190 may replace the Airbus on some thinner routes, but those Airbuses will be put into service elsewhere. Already you can see this by the move of 5 Airbuses to MKE. No Airbuses are slated to leave.

Were the pay rates pre or post concessionary? Best of luck...

FAPA signed an LOA long before our marriage with RAH and that LOA will bring original book rates back, in steps. The LOA that was ratified with RAH just prior to the BK exit retains the book rates plus some additional 2% raises in the future. It remains to be seen whether or not we will still be working under our CBA for that long into the future.

FAPA really did an amazing job maintaining the CBA during BK. No work rules were lost. There was an initial 15%ish pay cut. That cut was reduced to around 10%, and the book rates are on their way back along with some raised in the future. Too bad we will eventually shelve the entire CBA and have to start over from scratch. I would like to place the first vote for the FAPA Negotiating committee to begin working on the RAH Section 6 negotiations.

Integration is going to take much longer than you RAH guys think. Due to the complexity of the integration, you guys would be silly to think parties will come up with an agreement voluntarily. An arbitrator will have to intervene.

a lot of those RAH misfits think they will be in the left seat of the Bus inside of 2 years.......
Also, i've heard with my own ears "Frontier guys are lucky to have jobs, we bought them."
They will fly those at any pay rate of crappy work rule, Bedford knows it

I posted this on another thread but, I hope the arbitrator takes into consideration, "Career Expectations."
Frontier was a destiation/career carrier. Republic/Shuttle America/Chautauqua was a stepping stone or island of misfit toys.
Guys came from the Commuters or Supplimental or Military and went to Frontier, not the other way around.

Latest resources

Back