• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon sms = transonic????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But Monsieur, each sub-type represents a varition that requires a special skill set that only the finest French avaitors in the world possess.

Each type represents an independant work of art. Does Claude Monet only get credit for Water Liles? No he gets credit for all his beautiful works of art and so should I. A simpleton such as a Gulfstream pilot would never be able to comprehend all of the advanced technical training and paperwork required just so one could be graced to fly such beautiful flying machines.

Viva la France!!!
It must be really special skills, since 2 of the types you've "flown" haven't flown at all yet, and 2 are non-existent...

It must be really special skills, since 2 of the types you've "flown" haven't flown at all yet, and 2 are non-existent...

Good catch Rick!

see Gulfstream G4G5 wannabe guy, nothing gets by us Falcon folks.

:)

Last edited:
The SMS is a joke, I get that one but name the others....

Correction;
Just checked and they did fly the first 900LX recently. But, it's not certified yet, so none have been delivered.

I flew the Falcon 50ex during my short stint at the phone company. Glad to be off the piece of ********************e and back in a Bombardier product.

I would, however, leave Bombardier for Gulfstream!

The ultimate would be a Legacy! Anybody know anything about them?

I flew a straight F50 for about 2000 hrs and always thought it was a great machine. Wouldn't mind flying one again. BUT, a new G550 won't be bad either.

900LX hasn't flown yet. DA-50B non-existent. DA900A non-existent.

Semantics DA900A or just DA900:
Little Rock refered to the first group of 900's as "A's" until 1991 when they became "B's" with the TFE731-5BR-1C engines upgrades. At least that's what they called them when I went out with the aircraft to get the engines upgraded.

Directly from the Dassault Press Release:
"The 4,800 nm Falcon 900LX made its first public appearance at EBACE in May 2008 after nearly a year of flight testing and is expected to enter service in the middle of 2010."

From the Dassault Time Line web site:
"Falcon 20-3 is an early trijet design based on the Falcon 20 airframe. Its name was changed to Falcon 50 to show that it was newer than the Falcon 30-40. This particular version, called the Falcon 50A, was dropped in favor of the Falcon 50B with a new supercritical wing to optimize its speed and range."

I don't have the types listed under ratings, they are under aircraft flown. Other then the SMS they have all flown.

I am thinking of changing my call sign to MonsieurFalcon.

Last edited:
I am thinking of changing my call sign to MonsieurFalcon.

SEE! - those beautiful 900ex's are already rubbing off on you!

Pretty soon you will stop showering and pull the TR's off your Grumman.

(Monsieur there is simply no need for them)

I flew the Falcon 50ex during my short stint at the phone company. Glad to be off the piece of ********************e and back in a Bombardier product.

I would, however, leave Bombardier for Gulfstream!

The ultimate would be a Legacy! Anybody know anything about them?

BLASPHEMY!!!!

I will meet you at the TEB FSI tomorrow at noon, Pistols at 20 paces. You do not deserve to live.....

All kidding aside I flew a 50ex and I loved it. We were always light, short stage lengths, it was a rocket ship.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back