Fair Seniority Integration Concept, your ideas requested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
National Seniority List.

The day you get your ATP Certificate is your date of hire for bidding purposes.

Go ALPA, IBT, SWAPA, DAPA, CRAPA, APA, run with it.

-NYB

this is the way most unions work. i think its a good idea. at first it would be a mess, but over time it would make the pilot union stronger. instead of all these small little shops, it could be one big power house.

example gran pappy was a union ironworker in nyc, every year he got a raise no matter what job he was on. the union actually found him work when a job ended.

National Seniority List.

The day you get your ATP Certificate is your date of hire for bidding purposes.

Go ALPA, IBT, SWAPA, DAPA, CRAPA, APA, run with it.

-NYB

This is the answer. To implement it all we have to do is make it effective immediately for any pilots hired after today. All pilots hired before today are senior and use the previous seniority list, all pilots hired today and after are junior and use the new list. Problem fixed... 30 years from now.:beer:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the best integration method available to us:

a straight merger of the lists based on Date Of Birth.
:beer:

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Bump.

Seems more relevant this week.

If SLI is still an impasse - has this got any chance?

relative seniority is the only fair method. You get what you came into it with. the end.

How does relative seniority protect anyone when the fleets do not match?

Should DC-9 pilots displace 767 pilots? Should 767 Captains displace 747 Captains?

I like the plan submitted because it blends your relative seniority with soft fences that allow the pilots the choice of when to use their system seniority to bid into new equipment.

How does relative seniority protect anyone when the fleets do not match?

Should DC-9 pilots displace 767 pilots? Should 767 Captains displace 747 Captains?

I like the plan submitted because it blends your relative seniority with soft fences that allow the pilots the choice of when to use their system seniority to bid into new equipment.

Just to put it in perspective, only 13% of NWA pilots are wide bodied captains with lower hourly rates then DAL wide bodied captains. Whereas 29% of DAL pilots are in wide bodied captain positions. On a percentage basis, DAL brings over twice as many wide bodied captain positions.

Strict relative seniority would make more wide bodied positions available to NWA pilots and more narrow bodied positions available to DAL pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back