• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Facts and Opinions on Emirates Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
could you guys provide some details about schooling;is it like in the us to register your kids in high school,what about college do they make higher education available;any input will be appreciated.

At EK, you have to call scheduling to leave base on your days off. That's BS!!! They can stick their shiny planes up their camel smelling a$$....

At EK, you have to call scheduling to leave base on your days off. That's BS!!! They can stick their shiny planes up their camel smelling a$$....

Not true at all. You do however have to send them an email telling them you are leaving the country and where to. There is no asking. Period

This is the reason I started this thread, to clear up many questions I had about Emirates. I did laugh the other day when I saw a camel in the back of a truck though. Quick reminder that I am not in the US for sure.

Let me get this straight,you don't have to ask them permission to leave the country but you do need to notify them of your whereabout.
now if you change your destination while out of the country are you require to let them know of your"reroute"?is that your @ss belongs to them kind of thing??

Oh you bet it does. If you want out, you have to have an escape plan whilst on overnight, hopefully in a western country.

block time calculation

If you block 12 hard hours for a trip but was the IRO and only occupied the left or right seat during cruise then they don't count the full 12 hours towards your monthly or yearly maximum. Anyone else can confirm this. You'll get paid for the full 12 but only 8 hours will be counted for the sake of calculating max block time limitation. They call it actually "stick" time. This translates into working your ass off!!!

Let me get this straight,you don't have to ask them permission to leave the country but you do need to notify them of your whereabout.
now if you change your destination while out of the country are you require to let them know of your"reroute"?is that your @ss belongs to them kind of thing??

Not a chance. It's your days off you can do whatever you want. I got the impression that a lot of people never tell them where they are going.

Latest resources

Back