• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Facts and Opinions on Emirates Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you block 12 hard hours for a trip but was the IRO and only occupied the left or right seat during cruise then they don't count the full 12 hours towards your monthly or yearly maximum. Anyone else can confirm this. You'll get paid for the full 12 but only 8 hours will be counted for the sake of calculating max block time limitation. They call it actually "stick" time. This translates into working your ass off!!!

This I believe is true. A great example of how the company will do what is best for them and not necessarily good for the employee or moral. This is the stuff you will have to put up with and know that you can't do anything about it but complain, since there is no union. Thanks for bringing that up.

Hi!

LOTS of airline crews visit Dubai on their days off to party.

They definitely pay to fly the pilot to the inteview. My buddy just flew from DTW-JFK on CAL business class, and then bus class again on Emirates JFK-Dubai. Emirates paid for the whole thing.

They NEED to pay to fly your spouse to the interview. If they are serious about wanting a married pilot to stick around, they need to change their policy.

Also, I bet that many Asian carriers that fly to N. America end up opening N. American bases so they can recruit enough pilots.

cliff
SHV

Latest resources

Back