• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fabulous FJ uniforms...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To answer the OP: the uniform committee was just something to keep the pilots busy during the slow season. I don't think most people really believed the results would have much impact esp if they deviated from the traditional "pilot" look, which it turns out is what people seem to want anyway. As far as the rumored color scheme just look at the new livery, Kenn gets what Kenn wants.

Now the vacation/PTO is interesting. I could've sworn RH stated we could trade in vacations so we could use the days individually throughout the year or bank them for later. However I can't seem to find it in writing anywhere so I could be wrong.

LMAO!! Is this what it has come to? Do you think UPS pilots like their brown uniforms? Of course not, but if they are paying me...I'll wear whatever they want me to.

It's not what it's come to, it's what it's been & you've refused to admit. Everything you do on the job is submit to change at uncle's whim. The uniform committee was effectively discarded, meaning any input you may have had became irrelevant.

btw, UPS pilots are unionized.

If the rumors are true, UPS guys will have us to thank for not having the ugliest uniforms.

It's not what it's come to, it's what it's been & you've refused to admit. Everything you do on the job is submit to change at uncle's whim. The uniform committee was effectively discarded, meaning any input you may have had became irrelevant.

btw, UPS pilots are unionized.

So you are saying that at FO KR couldn't change your uniform. I am sure you have a committee, but does it say you can stop him from doing that without your appoval?

We understand things can change. I think you guys live under the illusion that you have control. KR can change your uniform tomorrow also.

Does it say anywhere in your contract that KR can allow your pilots to request to transfer to another company while being allowed to go on LOA? Is that in your contract or something that KR came up with to get what he wants?

Maybe your union was given the up illusion of control by being allowed to give input, however before they were asked I am sure the plan was already finalized.

I think you need to wake up and realize you are equally as vulnerable.

Back when we were owned by Bomabrdier they could have changed our uniform without our consent, so how is this different?

Once again, if you are wanting to scare our pilots please pick an item that means something, not "your uniforms are going to be silver."

So you are saying that at FO KR couldn't change your uniform. I am sure you have a committee, but does it say you can stop him from doing that without your appoval?

We understand things can change. I think you guys live under the illusion that you have control. KR can change your uniform tomorrow also.

Does it say anywhere in your contract that KR can allow your pilots to request to transfer to another company while being allowed to go on LOA? Is that in your contract or something that KR came up with to get what he wants?

Maybe your union was given the up illusion of control by being allowed to give input, however before they were asked I am sure the plan was already finalized.

I think you need to wake up and realize you are equally as vulnerable.

Back when we were owned by Bomabrdier they could have changed our uniform without our consent, so how is this different?

Once again, if you are wanting to scare our pilots please pick an item that means something, not "your uniforms are going to be silver."

Remember, they did change our uniforms without our consent when Tom became the cp. Nothing new here except we will win the butt ugly uniform contest!! So will our airplanes with that awful paint scheme.

Remember, they did change our uniforms without our consent when Tom became the cp. Nothing new here except we will win the butt ugly uniform contest!! So will our airplanes with that awful paint scheme.

I would say we wait to see what the uniform is before we start saying how ugly it is.

I personally like the new paint job. I thought our old paint was becoming dated.

If the rumors are true, UPS guys will have us to thank for not having the ugliest uniforms.

Don't worry, you get used to it. At FO for years we lived with wearing gold and teal striped clown ties and off-colored shoulder board stripes. KR said he wanted a distinctive look so the owners could always find their crew when they walked into the FBO. That was never a problem. We still managed to hold our heads up and come to work. Thankfully, we could airline in our polos. Before FO the CW guys had to wear red ties and red shoulder boards, looked like bus drivers. Don't know what's in store for you, but there's a quick history of your new owner's taste in uniforms.

- Oh, and jackets with cuff stripes at a 45 deg bias for the large cabin guys. Almost forgot about those. According to KR, the stripes were slanted so it looked like you were going fast. I $h!t you not.

Now let's see if you'll start turning the beacon on 10 mins before departure. Another KR-ism, so the plane always looks ready to go when the owners show. Line guys'll love you for that. And don't forget to roll on ready!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back