• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Revokes the two NWA Pilots licenses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I'm missing something, but by what authority are they allowed to use the CVR against the pilots for enforcement purposes? There was no accident or incident.

1. The trial lawyers killed the idea that the CVR can only be used in the cases of accidents or incidents solely for determining the cause.

2. The revocation letter was based on facts surrounding the incident, not the CVR. The NTSB has no regulatory control over pilots.
3. This was an incident. FWIW

Circumstances like this will destroy any kind of privacy pilots have in the flight deck. We all will suffer from this.

We should all reserve judgment until all the investigation is over and all of the information is out.

I couldn't have said it better! Banter is healthy but keep it professional.

It would be a bit of a stretch to pull the fatigue card on the first leg after a 19 hour layover.

That being said, this all happened too fast for me. Wonder what the outcome would have been if it was not such a slow week in the media?

They lying may be hard to prove...but obstruction of justice?

Fatigue is a cumulative result of improper rest patterns, one might have had 48hrs off and still be fatigued...

Yeah, OK. Do you mean the example where he describes the attorney who is accused of assault, denies it, and yet admits that he "just put his hands to the throat of the gal, but didn't really mean it" gesture?
In the same vein, I can't wait to see these kids in Cali who raped this HS girl tell their attorney they didn't do it as they have no "proof."

That was the point of the video. Whether you are guilty or innocent, there is no positive outcome that can be derived from talking to the police.

I hear and understand what you're saying. I bet many of us could have at some point in time let our guard down and the situation, under the wrong circumstances, could have gotten out of hand. Being human sucks sometimes.

That being said, if you were in charge at the FAA, and you honestly wanted to do the right thing, what would you have done?

I think the FAA did what it had to, in the interest of making an example of these guys. They had to show the public that they can trust the FAA to keep everyone safe, and they had to send a message to the rest of the piloting community that maintaining situational awareness is absolutely critical to flight safety. It's a shame that two people have to be made an example of, but hopefully the system will become a little safer as we are all reminded to keep our guard up a little more.

I hear and understand what you are saying as well. I just think it is sad, that's all. I wish something could have been done without completely ruining them.

Yeah, OK. Do you mean the example where he describes the attorney who is accused of assault, denies it, and yet admits that he "just put his hands to the throat of the gal, but didn't really mean it" gesture?
In the same vein, I can't wait to see these kids in Cali who raped this HS girl tell their attorney they didn't do it as they have no "proof."

Yes... That attorney would have been better off NOT talking to the police. Note**** I did not say he was right, nor that the police were wrong. The point is simply that it is never in YOUR best interest to talk to the police.

So, can we now say that we are done for a while with all the bitchn' that we "regional" pilots are incompetent, inexperienced, and "unprofessional" after TWO incidents of "MAJOR" screw-ups?
Hopefully the feds will begin to take a closer look at the rest of you all, and bring some down to size. Safe operations are paramount in this business, and this is a wake up call to everyone.

So, can we now say that we are done for a while with all the bitchn' that we "regional" pilots are incompetent, inexperienced, and "unprofessional" after TWO incidents of "MAJOR" screw-ups?
Hopefully the feds will begin to take a closer look at the rest of you all, and bring some down to size. Safe operations are paramount in this business, and this is a wake up call to everyone.

Hey hey go easy here it's really really tough for the BIG GREAT AMAZING Major types to take this kind of barrage!! You have to ween them into realizing they are not that different then the RJ pukes......they still are of the impression that they were hired when they were in another time and that we all must know they are GOD!!!!

Oh ya MESA SUCKS!!

Latest resources

Back