• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9, WN, Republic stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So any ideas what this means for SWA poolies now? Was this "good" for us or "bad" or did it really change anything?

I'm surprised you're even asking this question. You dodged a big-time bullet. An F9 deal would have added several years to your wait, if the company even decided to keep your file open at all.

I'm surprised you're even asking this question. You dodged a big-time bullet. An F9 deal would have added several years to your wait, if the company even decided to keep your file open at all.

The F9 deal's failure was equivalent to a stay of execution for the pool. Each of the poolies should send a thank you note to the 700 pilots of F9. Their union probably saved our (future) jobs.

Best, most concise description yet of the teeth-gnashing that has gone on since this thing went down...

For an airline and pilot group who some SWA pilots said brought no benefit to a deal, you'd think Frontier would have been their saving grace by the way some have been acting in 'defeat'.

Why is it that some Purdue grads do all they can to live up to their know-it-all reputation? We understand you could not hack the commuter ups and downs. Don't you have some beers to put on ice, leading edges to clean, or flight plan to file? Don't you have some stupid details to learn about the serial number of your 8 person jet?

Why is it that some Purdue grads do all they can to live up to their know-it-all reputation? We understand you could not hack the commuter ups and downs. Don't you have some beers to put on ice, leading edges to clean, or flight plan to file? Don't you have some stupid details to learn about the serial number of your 8 person jet?

While I'm touched you seem to care so much about my job responsibilities, it doesn't take a superhero or a different alma-mater to have the simple power of observation. There's nothing to know when you can watch everything happen.

Obviously I've touched a nerve with you to post a response like that...but you're gonna have to try MUCH harder than that weak sh!t to get my blood pressure up.

The truth only hurts if it should...

Things to watch are the integration of Midwest pilots and Republic. The big date for integration and furloughed pilots is purchase date and what was their status at the merger (active or furloughed) not what happens after that date. This could be important.

Also, if you follolw the DAL/NWA and AWA/USAir Nicolia award, there was separation on the integration of wide vs narrow body aircraft. This paralles Frontier/Republic as they are narrow body vs RJ. If you follow the previous mentioned integrations and follow it to the next step you get:

Wide body senior (none) - narrow body mid seniority (frontier Airbus') - RJ (all Republic aircraft and the Frontier Dash 8s) junior.

This also applies to midwest:

Wide body senior (none) - narrow body mid seniority (B717s and DC-9 if any left) - RJ (all republic aircraft)

This results that among captains, all Frontier Captains are senior. The real nut cutting occurs with Frontier FOs and all RJ captains and FO. How do you integrate these groups. Also, there need to be similar 5 to 10 year fences to protect each group from intrusion into the other's fleets. Each group may see some gains and losses, but true interations will not happen for 5 to 10 years.

Merging companies of similar equipment is one thing, but when one company only flies one RJs that is quite another. This can be an example of where "scope" hurts Republic pilots. E170/175 are all considered feeder/RJ aircraft thus do not count as narrow body equipment. As for future E190 aircraft, if/when they get them, they should be considered an narrowbody, but Republic does not have any on the date of purchase, thus they do not count in the mix.

Just my opinion......

FNG

I take it that a 2000 RAH pilots group with 200+ a/c as well as the word "Bankrupt" for one of the carriers doesn't hold any water? I dont think any of us is going to get the upperhand in this one.

Latest resources

Back