F9, WN, Republic stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,

The water is under the bridge. Since we weren't invited to the dance, why don't we stay out of the Frontier, Republic, Midwest integration? I know it's too tempting to not bite, but it seems a little disingenuous to involve our pay and other details to "the deal that wasn't." I'm sure the pot will stir itself and maybe we'll get an idea of what the guys whose lives are actually being impacted have to say rather than speculation from our meaningless (with all due respect) perspective. I'm sure right now you couldn't drive a 10 penny nail up some of these guys a$$es with a sledgehammer and therefore they don't need a reminder of what lay on the other side of the fence (literally). Don't get me wrong, I think us hooking up with Frontier would've been mutually beneficial, but their union and company decided otherwise. Just a thought...

Respectfully,

Vance

When are you guys gonna let this thing rest, we are all getting tired of hearing about the WN/F9 deal.

Yea, really...SWA guys need to give it up already.

You guys are starting to sound like an old girlfriend of mine. Let her go, man...she's just not that into you.

Nu

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about this?

It is done.

Observers want to crucify FAPA, while the F9 employees want to sanctify them. The truth is that FAPA didn't blow this deal up, it just self destructed. Negotiations between the two parties ended on Wednesday with plans to resume on Thursday. They never resumed. End of story.

I don't blame SWAPA for putting their own positive spin on the ordeal. They would be foolish not to do so, and they have a bunch of smart people on their side. They are doing a great job for the SWAPA pilots, as they should.

FAPA hasn't jumped on either bandwagon, because they are still tactical. They are still at war. They just fought a small, four hour skirmish with SWA, SWAPA, and the BK court. That battle is over, and there were a few winners. Some of them being the junior 180 FAPA pilots (including the 56 currently on the street). Most of them being every other employee group at F9..for now.

F9 will cease to exist as it does today, as will the FAPA CBA. This entire scenario with RAH is going to hurt, from top to bottom.

Also, there need to be similar 5 to 10 year fences to protect each group from intrusion into the other's fleets.

Pretty good analysis FNG. But just for discussion-sake, what do you do with the MidEx pilot group since they will have no fleet?

It is entirely possible that at the close of purchase, there will be NO 717 airframes on property, and NO pilots on property. Not much to integrate on that one!

Fair top to bottom integration is the only way to go. Just ask FAPA....they set the standard that they want to live by and it will come back to bite them in a serious way.

Yea, really...SWA guys need to give it up already.

You guys are starting to sound like an old girlfriend of mine. Let her go, man...she's just not that into you.

Best, most concise description yet of the teeth-gnashing that has gone on since this thing went down...

For an airline and pilot group who some SWA pilots said brought no benefit to a deal, you'd think Frontier would have been their saving grace by the way some have been acting in 'defeat'.

Please define "some"

For an airline and pilot group who some SWA pilots said brought no benefit to a deal, you'd think Frontier would have been their saving grace by the way some have been acting in 'defeat'.[/QUOTE]

For the record, there are (at last count) 5,935 pilots on the SWA seniority list. Please use the following formula to help your decision.

(sum of swa pilots who flame,act like experts,act like idiots,don't have a life) divided by 5,935 equals percentage of SWA pilots who haven't moved on from the BK decision. I'm guessing you're coming up with a really small percentage.

Hope this helps. Flame On!

I define some as more than one, more than few, less than many and much less than most.

I think that's a fairly common definition of the word "some", and hope it clears things up...

I define some as more than one, more than few, less than many and much less than most.

I think that's a fairly common definition of the word "some", and hope it clears things up...

Agreed, and the percentage of SWA (or allegedly SWA) guys who act like F9 stole their heart but ran away with the pool boy is surprisingly high.

Nu

Agreed, and the percentage of SWA (or allegedly SWA) guys who act like F9 stole their heart but ran away with the pool boy is surprisingly high.

Nu

You should prolly include me in there. Personally........... I'm devestated. Almost crushed. Would have been nice but not to be. Now where's my beer.

Gup

Latest resources

Back