• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where's the confirmation? Until then it's just internet BS unfortunately at the expense of the Frontier people. Nice industry we work in huh?

I am not sure why I am contributing to such a gaggle of innuendo, rumor, and just pure stupidity, but what the heck, what are a few minutes of my time...

The RAH financing package is a cash deal. Cash. This isn't cash that RAH thought they might have if they had a good weekend in vegas, or possibly hit the megaball this week. It is a cash deal. Don't take my word for it, just try reading another website other than FI, like the epiq bk site. This is cash on hand.

Is it possible that RAH might divest a portion of F9? Anything is possible.

If RAH attempted to accomplish such a task prior to BK exit, the deal will fall apart and we (f9) are all out of jobs.

If RAH attempted to accomplish such a task after the BK exit, then they would be in violation of the IBT contract and will have to deal with the ramifications of the impending grievance and labor discord.

F9, as a stand alone entity, was valued at $300 million dollars during the auction. F9 doesn't "own" gates in DIA. We are allowed to lease and occupy gates based upon our daily use of such gates. DIA has a minimum use requirement, due to the fact that they get paid for every arrival and departure, and DIA can giveth or taketh away at their whim. There is no "value" in our gate occupancy. The gates can't be "sold". Cases in point are the C gates that F9 was going to occupy but couldn't, and the C gates that were taken away from YX and AirTran.

Everyone here is getting excited about 49% of this or 51% of that. Does anyone have any idea about the equity remaining in our airbuses? How about the q's? Ground equipment? Does anyone know about the fact that we have encumbered our spare parts inventory? This entity is leveraged to the hilt. The UCC decided months ago that they would be better off with pennies on the dollar today instead of shutting us down late last year. There is no equity in the "sum of it parts", only in the operation.

With that being said, if I was BB, I still wouldn't flip F9. Here is why.

FDC has $150MM in cash.
YX has a CC processor.
BB just wrote a check for $108MM, but will walk away from the closing with $45MM. RAH total outlay is around $60MM.

After exit, he will tell FDC to walk, and collect the $150MM.

He is now +$90MM.

The only equity remaining in any aircraft lies within the 5 Q's that have not been leased back yet.

That equity is in the single digit millions.

He will keep his new narrow body fleet because any additional benefit of a sale would pale in comparison to the revenue that he can generate on a yearly basis.

Someone mentioned fee for departure. BB wants to bring fee for departure to an entirely new level. Giving up DIA, and his new shiny toy, is the last thing he wants to do.

Oh yeah, Porch. FAPA didn't "exit communications". SWAPA ended the meeting on Wednesday, and everyone traveled in preparation for continued negotiations beginning on Thursday. Those meetings never took place. Feel free to keep talking out of your arse.

Of course, RAH could have already sold us. You just never know in this industry. If you think that you have figured it all out, you are really setting yourself up for a brutal wake-up call.

You idiots should have been there to seen it

Ha ha ha. Your the idiot. If you actually want us to believe that the "passengers in the terminal" knew the difference. I bet 90% didn't have a clue, 5% read or saw something in the paper about it and the other 5% were drunk. The employees were clapping and the passengers were probably looking around confused.

If you actually want us to believe that the "passengers in the terminal" knew the difference.

Not only did this happen (I witnessed it as well), but had numerous passengers tell me, without solicitation, how glad they are F9 was "not sold, still be around", etc.

I'm still impressed by the display of support by passengers.

'Gobyebye'-(great name) everyone knows you guys are awesome, and the 1% post dark clouds because it's good therapy for them.
I'm a big fan of spanker clown.

Last edited:
What a nightmare... end this post. F9 careers are ?????

StaySeated: "Oh yeah, Porch. FAPA didn't "exit communications". SWAPA ended the meeting on Wednesday, and everyone traveled in preparation for continued negotiations beginning on Thursday. Those meetings never took place. Feel free to keep talking out of your arse."

I appreciate your fellowship and professionalism, or lack of it... We'll see who's talkin out of your a$$. Sounds like Bedford bedded you and still has his tongue in your a$$. Queer

Last edited:
Porch, are you trying to convince each of us to lean towards your point of view about the F9 WN deal gone wrong.

You guys have your opinion and we have ours. We can agree to disagree.

By the way, your name calling and sarcasm makes us stand by our opinion even stronger. Way to go.

N1atEcon, I'm not sure why you try to discredit an actual event that you weren't even at.

Porch said:

I appreciate your fellowship and professionalism, or lack of it... We'll see who's talkin out of your a$$. Sounds like Bedford bedded you and still has his tongue in your a$$. Queer.

Nice, intelligent words. Is that your best reply for "StaySeated?"

Todolist

PORCH's TO DO LIST:

(1) Think of new and creative ways to make people believe that I speak for the 'majority' of F9 Pilots. Gain a feeling of acceptance from other FI posters as an authority in a virtual world, to brighten the reality of the real world which hasn't paid any attention to me in years

(2) Print out all of my posts on flightinfo.com to take to my SWA interview, including unbridled praise for their operation, as well as evidence that I stabbed the other F9 pilots in the back by posting confidential FAPA LOA information on a public web site (you know the stuff PORCH, the page that said 'CONFIDENTIAL' in big bold letters across it.)

(3) Buy new knee pads

(4) Buy some 'SCOPE' at the store to hopefully get the taste of SW knutsack out of my mouth.

(5) Back up all of my statements on this board, make a stand against FAPA, and resign from Frontier. (A furlougheee will thank you, as will almost anyone who has to fly with you)

Latest resources

Back