• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9/RAH meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As has already been discussed this meeting never happened...but once again shows how sore WN is about losing F9. A substantial portion of the posters on this thread have been WN personnel conjucturing on the down fall of RAH and how everyone is so screwwed up and misinformed outside the WN family. ..and somehow WN personel even begin to take shots at how "stupid" DL is for leaving LBB anfd MAF...which I thought was a little off topic.
Now in reality F9 is soon to be accepting 3 new Airbus A320 in the spring of 2010. In addition to the new Airbus aircraft additional E190's will be going to RW. With those aircraft F9 and RW will both be poised to hopefully start recalling the furloughed crews.
But again this is only what I hear when paying attention to reality as opposed to reading a post some idiot on flight info posted about ficticious meetings.

En Mort Main

Oh I get it, the SWA pilots owe DAL a huge favor for all the work they did to improve our quality of life and pay. Well I thought I got it but now that I said it, it is total lunacy......from who else.......THE GENERAL!

It is called "piggy backing"--which is GOOD for all of us. We had the best rates at the time (pre-9-11 and for a couple years after), and SWAPA used them to bring up their own pay and benefits. Let me guess, you weren't at SWA at the time? Probably not. Now we all know why you are a bit "foggy" on the situation... Well, at least you get to go to LBB now with high payrates.....enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
For whatever reason I will explain the history behind "what I heard" about the deal.

Stemmler is your FAPA president correct? He bargains for you correct? BB bargains for RAH.

Long before the WN deal came up F9 was bankrupt. RAH via Brian Bedford was breathing life into F9 via DIP financing. RAH decided to BUY F9, not give them a loan. Part of the discussion about purchase had to do with the pilots union. Bedford and Stemmler did in fact meet, negotiate a contract to be opened AFTER the deal, and go about their ways. Said contract had fence agreements, pay rates and job protection for Frontier pilots.

Then SWA got involved and made a bid. RAH saw the deal starting to unravel and raised the anti. Stemmler already new what he had negotiated with RAH and decided to play poker with SWAPA and shoot for the moon.

The deal fell apart and it is what it is.

Call me a whacko but this is the EXACT story given to me by a fairly senior Frontier captain who happens to be a friend of mine. He may not have the story straight but I trust what he says - therefore it's my story.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Gup

So A-cup, you wanted your friend the F9 Captain to be your junior FO at SWA, right? That is what you wanted, right A-cup? You didn't want to give HIM respect for what he had earned with years of service at F9, and instead wanted a staple for your "friend?" I am not talking about DOH, but something showing loyalty towards a company? Have you told him that? He would probably slap you across the mouth and call you a "beotch."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
So A-cup, you wanted your friend the F9 Captain to be your junior FO at SWA, right? That is what you wanted, right A-cup? You didn't want to give HIM respect for what he had earned with years of service at F9, and instead wanted a staple for your "friend?" I am not talking about DOH, but something showing loyalty towards a company? Have you told him that? He would probably slap you across the mouth and call you a "beotch."

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is quite funny. I wonder how Gup will respond? Did that guy know about your wishes for Frontier? Would he still be your friend if he did know? Inquiring minds and all...

Last edited:
It is called "piggy backing"--which is GOOD for all of us. We had the best rates at the time (pre-9-11 and for a couple years after), and SWAPA used them to bring up their own pay and benefits. Let me guess, you weren't at SWA at the time? Probably not. Now we all know why you are a bit "foggy" on the situation... Well, at least you get to go to LBB now with high payrates.....enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think most people know that you guys had the highest rates for awhile, and probably a lot of airlines tried to copy them. He probably was flying his military heavies around the world and didn't really notice.

No general I am not "foggy" on the situation. I am well aware of how the system works. If you would not have caved into your management and gave them concessions, then I shutter at what my pay rate would be now. It works both ways. Remember that the only reason that we have "industry leading rates" is because everyone else came falling off the mountain. So thanks for "piggy backing" me to a lower retirement.

No general I am not "foggy" on the situation. I am well aware of how the system works. If you would not have caved into your management and gave them concessions, then I shutter at what my pay rate would be now. It works both ways. Remember that the only reason that we have "industry leading rates" is because everyone else came falling off the mountain. So thanks for "piggy backing" me to a lower retirement.

Caved? You mean to the BK judge? You have never been in front of one I suppose. Guess what genius? They don't really care what you want. You need to brush up on your history and actually be "informed". And let me guess again? You invest in ostrich farms, right? The ones outside of LBB I bet. You are a genius.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Very clever Mr. Johnson Rod. Let's look at peoples profiles and try to come up with something real interesting but totally irrelevant.

Like, oh, let me see.......Maybe Mr. Johnson Rod was too busy trying to pass his PPL to even notice that DAL had the highest pay rates.

You are right I have never been in front of a BK judge and I never will thanks to DAL raising my pay rates. I almost forgot to say thanks!

Latest resources

Back