F9 -22.4M (Frontier)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porch

Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc. today reported a net loss of $20.4 million, or $0.56 per diluted common share, for its fiscal year ended March 31, 2007. Frontier President and CEO Jeff Potter said, “What the financial results are unable to reflect however, is the significant year over year operational improvements we achieved in fiscal 2007 and the growing excitement regarding our diversification which we announced towards the end of the last calendar year and will be almost fully implemented by the end of this calendar year."

Ouch...!

Sorry, guys. Hope they can turn it around for ya'. You gave them the savings needed from your end, there's no other excuses for mgmt to use.

When they're talking about their "diversification", what, exactly, are they referring to? I'm almost afraid to ask...

diversification...

Frontier's definition of diversification is the ability to lose money in virtually every facet of aviation. While some airlines are satisfied by losing money in the passenger carrying arena, Frontier sets the bar as low as it can go with regard to marketing, fuel hedges, code shares and much much more. :laugh:

Before my fellow f9 bros jump all over me, please reallize I'm just being a smart azz. I believe potter was referring to the new q400's and the agreement with republic. He was also positively giddy about new commision revenue that amounted to a few million dollars. Not to impressive considering $1b+ annual revenues, but we will take what we can get.

Why does that suck?
Well, hmmm... let's see here. If the Q-400's aren't being operated by Frontier pilots (i.e. IF they were given up in the Scope section), that means the Frontier pilots signed an agreement that contained pay freezes at some points, pay CUTS at some points, AND the growth is all going to a feeder carrier and not to the Frontier pilots in exchange for those give-backs.

THAT would SUCK... unless you were the guy flying the Q-400 in the left seat.

Potter had to be a good CEO and spin the negative into a positive.

Good chance he's setting up a nice parachute for himself as we speak. ENGINE #2 is starting to smoke and he's telling the pax everythings all right and that they can clear the mountains ahead on one engine if need be.

What he didn't say was that the other engine temps on the rise.

Perhaps they can seek a "white night" cash infusion or merger partner. Of course, a'la U/AWA with no "career expectations" Frontier pilots can expect copilot slots across the board.

But hey...............at least it's a job in a real airplane.

Latest resources

Back