F9 -22.4M (Frontier)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USMC319,

No worries on the 'little 70' thing, didn't bother me a bit. I was just being a bit of a smart-azz with the 'giant Airbi' thing. My appologies. More than anything I'm just speaking out of frustration because I really do love F9 and I worry for their/your future. I believe you guys have an outstanding product and from what I've seen in the past had a great working relationship with management and among the various employee groups over there. In short, you guys offered hope to some of us on the outside looking in who have major problems with our product and our employee-management relations. The whole 'holdings company' game is a vicious one that is destroying the industry and it's painful to see yet another great airline head down that one-way street. Good luck and thank you for the lift to/from my folk's house in the past and hopefully again in the future.

-Blucher

No problem my friend. For the record, I voted NO on our contract just as a protest of the Scope Clause which was merely symbolic since scope at any airline is worthless. The big thing for me was quality of life in the scheduling section which suits me just fine. You are welcome on my flights anytime.

I believe that F9 has too many pilots that are at their first airline and don't know anybetter. They upgraded really fast and life is good for them. Don't rock the boat seems to be the overall mentality. This is just my opinion on why the company will always get what they want. Everyboady seems to have voted NO but it still passed by a large amount. WIERD

I believe that F9 has too many pilots that are at their first airline and don't know anybetter. They upgraded really fast and life is good for them. Don't rock the boat seems to be the overall mentality. This is just my opinion on why the company will always get what they want. Everyboady seems to have voted NO but it still passed by a large amount. WIERD

terry,

Your statement is pretty naive (no offense). I don't know where you get your info but it seems that most of the guys I fly with are on their third or forth airline, many from Majors, and know all to well how this business works. Its airline number three for me and that is after serving a tour for Uncle Sam. Don't confuse "don't know any better" and "first airline" with people who enjoy their jobs and like the fact that the company treats them pretty damn well. Yeah we do have our contingent of Lakers and other regionalites that are first timers but they are by far the minority. And quick upgrade was a pre-911 thing. Upgrade is around 4 to 5 years now.

terry,

Your statement is pretty naive (no offense). I don't know where you get your info but it seems that most of the guys I fly with are on their third or forth airline, many from Majors, and know all to well how this business works. Its airline number three for me and that is after serving a tour for Uncle Sam. Don't confuse "don't know any better" and "first airline" with people who enjoy their jobs and like the fact that the company treats them pretty damn well. Yeah we do have our contingent of Lakers and other regionalites that are first timers but they are by far the minority. And quick upgrade was a pre-911 thing. Upgrade is around 4 to 5 years now.

This is my third airline as well so we got that in common. My trips have differed from yours in that most of the captains that I have flown with came from flying corp., 135 or private and Frontier is their first airline and the only airline they have worked at. Not that it makes them bad airline pilots, not at all, but it does limit their exposure to how different airlines work (the good and the bad). Issues like scope are definitely different to people who have been on the other side of the fence at regionals and that of those that have never had to deal with it. I do enjoy my job here, as do most F9 pilots. I am well aware of the upgrade time know. According to my new hire class I should have been a captain a year ago. Dang liars

Last edited:

"most of the captains that I have flown with came from flying corp., 135 or private and Frontier is their first airline and the only airline they have worked at"

True...

Latest resources

Back