F2TH performance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

Could some tell me the usable fuel load and burn schedule for a 2000 classic?
Also opinions on endurance.
Thx
JJet

Not a Falcon guy but went to Europe with some guys and we did Stephenville to LFPB. About 5:20 and landed with 1800 lbs. Started with 11,500.

TC

Total fuel: 12,155 lbs
Burn Schedule: 2300 lb 1st hour/1600 lb each additional hour (FL 430)
If you stop at FL410, it will be more like 1800 lb each additional hour.

CYJT-LFPB on the way over and EINN-CYQX on the way back was it.

TC

I have around 1000 hours in a classic 2000 and it's been a few years but here it goes.

For our operation it was a greater 48 domestic aircraft only. It held 12000 pounds of fuel but the problem was the low fuel lights came at around 1000 pounds per side leaving you 10000 pounds. This became an issue on longer legs like North East to California in the winter, with more then a hand full of pax. We were constantly asking for block altitudes or pulling the speed back in order to stretch it. Some guys just said screw it and stopped for gas. My guess is that the newer versions with the additional tank, pratt engines and the updated avionics are much nicer aircraft.

The other issue is the lack of system redundancy. We NEVER took it to Europe. Unlike a Challenger that has a RAT or a Gulfstream that has an ABEX (hyd driven generator) the 2000 has NOTHING! They even went as far as only putting in one battery. We never took it to Hawaii either, I believe the older ones had an O2 wet foot print problem on that leg.

Dassault did that on purpose. If you want to fly across the pond they have a perfectly good 3 engine aircraft to sell you.

With that being said it is a beautiful aircraft. At the time I was flying a G4 and a 2000 and when I would calculate fuel requirements, I would just take whatever the G4 burned and divide it in half. Ex it would take me around 20k to do HPN to BUR in a G4. In a 2000 with the same number of pax, I could do it with 10K in pretty close to the same level of comfort for the pax.

We were averaging a trans-con a week on a slow week. I did some back of the napkin math on one flight and came up with a 75k gallon savings every year. Or around $400k per year

Last edited:
You can do better using Dassault's numbers.

You can achieve 2000-2200, 1800, 1600 thereafter. With no extended level offs on the way up you can always count on 4000 lbs for the first two hours.

Our longest leg is PHKO-KMAF. The longest time enroute was 6:58, landed with 1600. This was of course day/vfr with a multitude of familiar airports between PHX and MAF. I definitely wouldn't stretch it that far many other places.

You can do better using Dassault's numbers.

You can achieve 2000-2200, 1800, 1600 thereafter. With no extended level offs on the way up you can always count on 4000 lbs for the first two hours.

Our longest leg is PHKO-KMAF. The longest time enroute was 6:58, landed with 1600. This was of course day/vfr with a multitude of familiar airports between PHX and MAF. I definitely wouldn't stretch it that far many other places.

Dang, dude. You're scaring me...

;)
TC

Latest resources

Back