• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-16 ANG Unit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FSM ain't so bad. Guess it depends how bad you want to fly fighters. Fresno also has an ADF commitment, and that requires you to live within a certain geographic area.

I called those guys when I was getting off AD about a job, and they were the only unit of about 10 that I contacted that I never heard back from at all. Not very cool. That said, a great friend of mine just turned down an AGR job with them. He's a Weapons School IP, and I think he's an idiot for not taking it. Later

Magnum what unit are you with. And does the FTU at Luke have a reserve squadron like the F-15?

Last edited:
MAGNUM!! said:
FSM ain't so bad. Guess it depends how bad you want to fly fighters. Fresno also has an ADF commitment, and that requires you to live within a certain geographic area.

I called those guys when I was getting off AD about a job, and they were the only unit of about 10 that I contacted that I never heard back from at all. Not very cool. That said, a great friend of mine just turned down an AGR job with them. He's a Weapons School IP, and I think he's an idiot for not taking it. Later

I'd go to FSM to fly fighters.

Fresno was kinda like that when I was trying to get on. My buddy who is talking to them now basically showed up on a drill weekend for the face time and kept the ball rolling that way. He has another shot in Jan and I am keeping my fingers crossed for him. He just got out of -135 school, but his unit was BRAC'ed so he is on the street again. He does have a fighter background, so hopefully that will mean something.

psysicx said:
Magnum what unit are you with. And does the FTU at Luke have a reserve squadron like the F-15?

Yes, Luke has two Reserve squadrons. One has a combat commitment (302nd) and helps out with the FTU. They are on the BRAC, but do have part time jobs open. The other is the 301st, and they farm their dude out to the various FTU squadrons. They also have some part time slots open.

Both squadrons are great units (sts), and have alot of really high quality bros. Plus, PHX is a great place to live.

What do you mean they farm out? Phoenix isn't bad except for three months. Are the people in the 302nd just going to the 301st or Tucson?

psysicx said:
What do you mean they farm out? Phoenix isn't bad except for three months. Are the people in the 302nd just going to the 301st or Tucson?

The farming out is similar to the SUPT reserve squadrons who's pilots are blended in with the active duty IPs. At CBM, each active duty flight has a group of reservists (TRs and usually one AGR) assigned to it for flying purposes only.

I don't think the 302d is an associate squadron. They own their jets.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back