Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV8R N8

AV8R N8
Anybody on here a pilot or part of the 144th FW in Fresno, CA?

I am trying to get a slot with them, and I have a few questions.

Thanks

-Nate

AV8R N8 said:
Anybody on here a pilot or part of the 144th FW in Fresno, CA?

I am trying to get a slot with them, and I have a few questions.

Thanks

-Nate

How's it coming along? I know when I tried to get on with them back in the mid-90's, they wanted you to be enlisted within the unit. Don't know about today. I have a bro (former AD Eagle guy) trying to get on with them. Fresno seems to be a tough nut sometimes.

From what I hear, just recently they lifted the prior enlisted within the unit deal. Havent talked to them for a while, but going to try and get out there this coming weekend to talk to them again about the next Board.

Thats what I heard also. They were having bad luck at UPT with priors only. The only problem with that unit is Fresno. To bad Tucson won't lift there prior service requirement.

psysicx said:
Thats what I heard also. They were having bad luck at UPT with priors only. The only problem with that unit is Fresno. To bad Tucson won't lift there prior service requirement.

How is the QOL? What is first year pay?

QOL is high despite going to UPT in Del Rio, working 12 hour days 5 days a week is awesome.

Pay is below NBAA average for the equipment flown.

psysicx said:

Fresno ain't so bad. There are definitely worse places to go to fly a Viper in the Guard (like Fort Smith). :)

AV8R N8 said:
From what I hear, just recently they lifted the prior enlisted within the unit deal. Havent talked to them for a while, but going to try and get out there this coming weekend to talk to them again about the next Board.

I think the next board is in Jan. Good luck!

psysicx said:
Arkansas nuff said.

LOL...I have a friend who flies Vipers for that unit. But she grew up right next door in OK, so she is ok with the area. Wonder what she is going to do now that they have been BRAC'ed.

Latest resources

Back