• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expressjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This program you guys are talking about: No one I talk to knows of it. I don't think that XJT is a member of this PFT program. Of the 16 in my class several months ago, not one was part of this nor is any recent FO I know of (okay one guy knew WAY too much about the airplane, and even flew it well in the sim..... freaking spy I think)

The "old hoods" at express were pay for training types, but I shed not a cent for my training, hotel room, or transportation in my training. Food was mostly subsidized, but the price of hard alcohol and late night tacos at the Cabana were apparently not approved by the training department.

BTW - this place rocks. They are hiring like mad & you help my seniority #!!!!

Last edited:
cfdoubleeye said:
This program you guys are talking about: No one I talk to knows of it. I don't think that XJT is a member of this PFT program. Of the 16 in my class several months ago, not one was part of this nor is any recent FO I know of (okay one guy knew WAY too much about the airplane, and even flew it well in the sim..... freaking spy I think)

The "old hoods" at express were pay for training types, but I shed not a cent for my training, hotel room, or transportation in my training. Food was mostly subsidized, but the price of hard alcohol and late night tacos at the Cabana were apparently not approved by the training department.

BTW - this place rocks. They are hiring like mad & you help my seniority #!!!!

That program at flightsafety has been going on for a year or so......I think they've only taken 10 or 15 people from it, but the program is still running. Kinda shady considering they're using an erj sim with expressjet's procedures.....something these people should get from the airline in the first place......it shouldn't be needed to get a preferential interview...

You might be right... but:

XJT is using Flightsafety for Sim rides for initial new hires. Once we complete FTD's and groundschool about half of the lasses get sent to Flightsafety at Hobby to finish them up and take thier PC ride with an XJT CA. Ther esimply isn't the capasity at the XJT training center to accomodate all the new hires and upgrade captains with in house training - and the quality of sim is much better at the XJT schoolhouse.

I am just saying, that from inside the crew room I can't find a single person from this program and I have been asking around. I just wonder if the rumor mill spun this one from US training at Flightsafety to some ficticious way to get hired faster.

If you have 600 hours and over 100 multi you can get the training free by putting your info on the expressjet website. I hate seeing people try to beat the system and take incredible loans to get somewhere, when all thy had to do is apply for the job. Just trying to help.

Last edited:
Flyer1015 said:
Have $27,500 to spare?

If so, you can get hired at XJT with just 400 hours total time and 100 multi engine.... Flight Safety Direct Track program.

:eek:
Then get furloughed like the TSA boys and girl with 400 hrs out on the street. Without a prayer to get anything else. (not even the rubber dog crap job in Hong Kong) Wise up sir! Get off the cool- aid, and if people need to spend 28 G's on not a rating come and see me. I'll help you spend that money.

Flyer1015 said:
No, they all need at least a Commercial, Multi Engine, Instrument ratings before they can start this Direct Track program.

XJT requires the Comm/ME/Instrument, and 400 total time and 100 multi engine to interview.

Once you interview upfront, THEN, you pay the $22,500 sum to flight safety and start your training.

Here's more detailed info about this program:

http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/career/support/course_advanced_description.pdf

Four airlines participate in the Direct Track program... ASA (on hold, not running), TSA, Eagle, and XJT.

As far as I know, at the end for your sim checkride, a check airman comes form your respective airline you were conditionally hired for. Once you pass this checkride, you start indoc with your airline.

The XJT Direct Track came around last year... the first class went through June 13 2005:

http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/news/release.php?id=2005-06-13

And the ERJ 145 is a full motion simulator, Level D.
What happened to the ones at TSA??? Get some experience 1st

SuperKooter said:
XJT Loves ex Gulfstreamers. I hear they take more than PCL ever did or ever will.

Wrong, from what i heard they hired a few and have had a few problems with some.

it wll be funny when some of these 300 hour wonders upgrade in 2 years with the min of 1500 hours. That's why you should have to have an atp or cfii or a 4 year degree to be able to fly part 121.

SuperKooter said:
it wll be funny when some of these 300 hour wonders upgrade in 2 years with the min of 1500 hours. That's why you should have to have an atp or cfii or a 4 year degree to be able to fly part 121.

Hey we agree on something.:beer:

I highly doubt that that very many if anyone is going to upgrade right at 1500 hours. In 2 years alone you should fly over that unless you are trying not to fly.

Latest resources

Back