expressjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STINKER said:
Hey JetPig..how was Mexicoat......? I highly doubt that all GIA people are blacklisted...their is usually a rhyme or reason. Good Luck

Cheers,
Stinker

there were 2 gulfstreamers in my class. so clearly they are not blacklisted.

samfu_1 said:
-umm, no. Walking in a resume does ZERO good. Just be patient and wait. If you have the minimums, you will probably get called if they need you. It took me 5 weeks before I heard anything.

When i was in training (just finished) George Semak (director of training) came into our class and said that if we wanted to recommend somebody then have them fill out the online application and then submit a recommendation directly to him with the reference # from their online app.

By the way, I heard back within 10 minutes of completing the online application and had the interview scheduled that same day.

Weasil!!!!
-U probably know who this is. Just finished training on the fourth. Start IOE on the 18th. Hope you had a good PC with N. Look, all the dudes working in HR said that walking in your res' sent you to the bottom of the stack, but that's just the word that I heard. I'm moving to Houston next week.
-Hope to see you soon, and what is your base?
-Matthew H.

samfu_1 said:
Weasil!!!!
-U probably know who this is. Just finished training on the fourth. Start IOE on the 18th. Hope you had a good PC with N. Look, all the dudes working in HR said that walking in your res' sent you to the bottom of the stack, but that's just the word that I heard. I'm moving to Houston next week.
-Matthew H.
Hey! Yeah PC went well other than the sim breaking down 5 times. (Flight Safety Sim at Hobby).
I'm gonna be in IAH too. see you there.

samfu_1 said:
-umm, no. Walking in a resume does ZERO good. Just be patient and wait. If you have the minimums, you will probably get called if they need you. It took me 5 weeks before I heard anything.
It helps brother. I called and talked to GS about a buddy the day he applied. My buddy was called the day after he applied; GS called him also, and then met him when he came in for the interview. He looked over the LOR I wrote, and took a copy of his resume to the hiring committee before they were interviewed.

samfu_1 said:
Weasil!!!!
-Matthew H.

Matt-

You still walking around Houston with that dang blue tooth stuck to your ear?

P.S. When do we get our first pay check?

-Matt S.

Last edited:
TEXAN AVIATOR said:
It helps brother. I called and talked to GS about a buddy the day he applied. My buddy was called the day after he applied; GS called him also, and then met him when he came in for the interview. He looked over the LOR I wrote, and took a copy of his resume to the hiring committee before they were interviewed.

G.S. Put out a voicemail awhile back saying, once they applied online for them to give you thier ref. number. YOu could then take it to G.S. along with their resume and he would call them for a phone interview. If he liked them, he would then invite them to the next interview session.

There is no more reference number that I can find on the new hiring site. Ive had my stuff in for a month now, and am currently collecting unemployment due to blowjets, so a new flying gig would be pretty good about now.

Bushhatesyou said:
Matt-

You still walking around Houston with that dang blue tooth stuck to your ear?

P.S. When do we get our first pay check?

-Matt S.

-Well, I will be walking around Houston next week... I'm moving here! - I hope we get our first paycheck on the 16th. Only about a grand or so... kinda shabby for bustin' our butt so long! Are you done as well? Mitch said you guys were held back alot..

samfu_1 said:
-Well, I will be walking around Houston next week... I'm moving here! - I hope we get our first paycheck on the 16th. Only about a grand or so... kinda shabby for bustin' our butt so long! Are you done as well? Mitch said you guys were held back alot..

Yeah everyone is done except 3 people I think. We got screwed by the FTD breaking down. So it pushed our PC back a week. Other than that we made it through each event unscathed!! I will be in IAH soon looking for a place as well.....

Latest resources

Back